Sign in to follow this  
JimThen

Service Unavailable again

Question

Hey, I'm using Ad-Aware 12.2.889.11556. I've been a long time user of your free version, but last  year I signed up for the Pro version. This recently ran out, and I wanted to wait until my paycheck arrived to renew the license. I chose to revert to the free version to have some protection while waiting. This version worked fine for some days, but then suddenly I got a message at boot-up that BitDefender had a problem, and had saved it to "BitDefender Thread Scanner.dmp" in some folder. This file does not exist, the folder does, but it's empty, I just don't recall the complicated hexadecimal folder name now. I don't know of any Windows 10 update happening lately, though if unattended for a while, my machine might start the update by itself, apparently, and reboot on its own without my permission. I hope I can get Ad-Aware up and running as soon as possible, so I can make my computer safer, and I'm sure you want me back as a paying customer as well. Regards, Jim Henriksen

7 answers to this question

Thanks, Jim.

Please uninstall adaware antivirus, restart the computer, run the removal tool, restart again before installing adaware and finally restart the computer.
Removal tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

If you still get Service Unavailable, please upload adaware log files again (msinfo not needed this time, but msi files if they exist now).

• Thanks 1

Well, this got rid of the BitDefender error, but Ad-Aware still does not want to run properly, showing the "Service Unavailable" message, and all I can do is close the window, minimize it, or call the about screen up.

Good!

Please, collect logs and other information by following the instructions in 

to let adaware software investigate your that problem.

There's really no steps to explain how to reproduce this, I turn on the computer, check on the AdAware icon on the system tray, find that it is greyed out, and the program shows with an overlay saying "Service unavailable".

My "adaware antivirus.zip" file is here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap4-zhTB2SskvDlKp7kBeKoz729i

There's no msi files in my C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp folder to report in.

msinfo32.zip attached.

msinfo32.zip

Edited by JimThen
Forgot something

14 hours ago, CeciliaB said:

Thanks, Jim.

Please uninstall adaware antivirus, restart the computer, run the removal tool, restart again before installing adaware and finally restart the computer.
Removal tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

If you still get Service Unavailable, please upload adaware log files again (msinfo not needed this time, but msi files if they exist now).

This seems to have helped! I'll bookmark this in case it happens again. :D