Sign in to follow this  
katmomdue

Service Unavailable

Question

Adaware works fine when its free, but try and support the company and purchase the total version and get the same issues, Service Unavailable.  Its such a SCAM there is no customer support, only this forum and the advice is not working for me.  I want a refund of the money I spent but that wont happen there is no customer service.  I want others to know DO NOT PURCHASE ADAWARE IT WILL NOT WORK!!  THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXCEPT THIS FORUM.  Purchasing software should be easier to use than free versions it should not take, hours, let alone days or weeks or months to be able to use it.  I don't have any more time to spend trying to use a product that does not work.  The repair does nothing except tell me its installed correctly, but try and open it and there it is again the always great to see, totally frustrating, SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.,  LOL IN MY FACE SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A COMPANY BY PURCHASING INSTEAD OF JUST USING THEIR FREE VERSION.    I am so angry and frustrated with this company, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my money back, where to report the fraud?

4 answers to this question

They do not respond from their general support Email, I have been trying.  I have tried all the advice here. and no luck.  Running on windows 10 and a brand new computer. 

Adaware works fine when its free, but try and support the company and purchase the total version and get the same issues, Service Unavailable.  Its such a SCAM there is no customer support, only this forum and the advice is not working for me.  I want a refund of the money I spent but that wont happen there is no customer service.  I want others to know DO NOT PURCHASE ADAWARE IT WILL NOT WORK!!  THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXCEPT THIS FORUM.  Purchasing software should be easier to use than free versions it should not take, hours, let alone days or weeks or months to be able to use it.  I don't have any more time to spend trying to use a product that does not work.  The repair does nothing except tell me its installed correctly, but try and open it and there it is again the always great to see, totally frustrating, SERVICE UNAVAILABLE.,  LOL IN MY FACE SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT A COMPANY BY PURCHASING INSTEAD OF JUST USING THEIR FREE VERSION.    I am so angry and frustrated with this company, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my money back, where to report the fraud?

1 hour ago, katmomdue said:

Adaware works fine when its free, but try and support the company and purchase the total version and get the same issues, Service Unavailable.

Hi @katmomdue

Even paid versions of adaware antivirus work fine for most users.

1. Please, first try to uninstall adaware antivirus, restart the computer and install adaware antivirus again.

2. If you have used another antivirus program before you started to use adaware antivirus free, it's possible that there are left-overs of it (them) that now disturbs the function of adaware antivirus. Then you need to run the special removal/uninstallation tool of that product. If you need help to find the tool(s), please tell us what you've used before.

3. If you still have problems after following the above, please follow the instructions in the topic https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/topic/34799-how-to-report-a-problem/  to give adaware software the information they need to investigate and solve the problem.

The only other one I used before is Avira, there was Norton pre installed on my computer (its a new computer) I uninstalled it. I did not uninstall Avira I will try that.  However there is no reason that it should take over a week to get a reply from Adaware. I still have no reply from my inquiry and it has been more than a week.  I feel they should have some support for paid users.

Edited by katmomdue
more info

It's very important to run Norton Removal Tool (and restart the computer) after the usual uninstallation of it due to a bad uninstaller: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

It's always necessary to uninstall an antivirus program and restart the computer before installing another one. Avira manual uninstallation with its special RegistryCleaner tool: https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/902

It might be necessary to use the removal tool of adaware too, due to the other programs: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

After that restart the computer and install adaware antivirus program again.

There are a support team for paying customers, but it's possible that many of them haven't been working during the last week due to the holiday and then it might take more time before you receive a reply. I hope that you've checked your spam folder in the web email.