specopsbarton

Adaware is blocking my front panel's USB ports!

Question

Yesterday I realized I have problem with my front panel's USB ports. When I start my computer and plug in anything to them everything works fine, but problem appears when I unplug them and want to plug them again, they just simple not working and in devices manager there is yellow triangle, on which when I click I have description like:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)
The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory."

I tried many things I found in internet but they simply didnt work.
Last thing I tried was using old system restore point...and after that problem was fixed! But...

My adaware was not working, it was like it is uninstalled, so I decided to reinstall it.
After installing adaware problem with those usb ports returned...so atleast I found what is causing this problem.
I dont know what to do, so if anyone can please help me.

2 hours ago, specopsbarton said:

Oh...I didn't noticed that setting...:blink: Thanks for info :D

You're welcome :)

21 minutes ago, Geoff46 said:

I also had this problem. But did not associate it with AdAware because it was a few days after I had installed the latest free version from the website. As I stated on the other train on the forum about this problem I worked for 2 days with Microsoft getting it working again.

I noticed in this train that AdAware software said that disabling real time protection was enough to make it work again. I had downloaded the compatability mode of the latest version that was on your web site last week and since compatability mode does not use real time protection therefore disabiling it does not work.  Please STOP allowing people to download this latest version until this problem is resolved.

Hi Geoff46,

I'm sorry for all your work due to adaware antivirus. I've forwarded your suggestion to my contact person.

I got a new computer a while ago and installed adaware on it.  It worked fine for a couple days then the same USB problem resurfaced.   Toggling Real Time protection didn't fix the problem, so we can rule that one out..

I have the same problem with usb ports Code 38, on windows 7 and windows 10, after uninstalling adaware on both OS, usb ports started working normally. dell inspiron n5110 laptop

Hi @specopsbarton, @robotros. @RHONDA WILLIAMS and everyone else,

Adaware software is working on a solution, but don't know when it will be released. According to their tests it should be enough to disable the real-time protection to be able to use the USB device. Please, inform us if that doesn't help in your computer.

Edited by CeciliaB
Enough with such replies.