Sign in to follow this  
specopsbarton

Disappearing adaware ignore list

Question

I have problem with my ignore list. It is just disappearing after some time - when I enter settings for ingore list there is just nothing.

Version Adaware Free 12.3.909.11573

System Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium

Edited by specopsbarton

On 2018-04-21 at 9:22 PM, specopsbarton said:

You can use logs I sent you in pm - those old ones, since this problem happens for me from very long time, but now I decided to write it.

There are no adaware log files in that folder, please see the page I linked to.

I didnt uploaded FRST logs. I uploaded only adaware logs like it was in tutorial for problem with usb. You are sure you read the right message with adaware logs I sent you in pm?

Edited by specopsbarton

Sorry, I read a newer PM from another user with FRST logs. I'll inform adaware software about my mistake.

Hi again @specopsbarton,

Unfortunately neither I or the person at adaware software that looks into your problem, can download the system information file, we're only redirected to other pages that want us to install add-ons in the browser. I could download the log files but the only thing the other persons could see was that adaware antivirus sometimes can't load or download (I'm not sure) definitions. Have you noticed that?

How often does the ignore list disappear?

Please list which files and folders you've added to the ignore list to make it possible for adaware software to see if there is something they haven't tested with.

Edited by CeciliaB

Thanks for the logs and system information file. Please try to answer my questions.

On 3.05.2018 at 7:22 PM, CeciliaB said:

How often does the ignore list disappear?

Please list which files and folders you've added to the ignore list to make it possible for adaware software to see if there is something they haven't tested with.

List disappearing after some time.
All files and folders on the list adaware can find at file "IgnoreList.db" in logs I sent you in pm.

Sorry, no reply from my contact person yesterday (Monday).

My contact person hasn't received any information from the developers, he will ask again.

@specopsbarton

The developers want to see the screen shots of the ignore list and to know which files/folders that you have added, it isn't enough with the "IgnoreList.db" according to them.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:02 PM, specopsbarton said:

I have problem with my ignore list. It is just disappearing after some time - when I enter settings for ingore list there is just nothing.

Version Adaware Free 12.3.909.11573

System Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium

Still around @specopsbarton ?

Hi, sorry for the delayed answer.
Here is screenshot from adaware - everything is empty, list disappeared I don't know when.
I looked to "C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus\Options\IgnoreList.db" file, opened it and there are normally excluded folders/files - that file IgnoreList.db it's not empty.

screenshot1.png

Edited by specopsbarton

Maybe the developers meant after you've entered the information, not after everything has been deleted, but I'll inform my contact person.

Please compress (zip) the folder C:\ProgramData\adaware\adaware antivirus\Options and upload it.

They suggest that you change the language to English (if the language might influence the disappearance), add the files and folders to the ignore list and then try to keep an eye on it as often as possible to see if the disappearance of the list can be correlated with what you do at the computer, e.g. start of Windows, another program etc.

Thanks for the folder!

When you started this topic you used version 12.3.909.11573 and that version had some known problems, that maybe can cause your problem. Have you updated to version 12.3.915.11577?

Ignore the question above, it was visible in a log file that you'd updated.

Is it right that you've excluded the partitions E:, F: and G:?
Are those partitions on the internal hard disk(s) or on external one(s)?
If they're on external: Are that/those external hard disks sometimes disconnected from the computer or without power and therefore not accessible for adaware antivirus?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood the question from my contact person.

I'll forward that they are internal disks.