Sign in to follow this  
specopsbarton

Disappearing adaware ignore list

Question

I have problem with my ignore list. It is just disappearing after some time - when I enter settings for ingore list there is just nothing.

Version Adaware Free 12.3.909.11573

System Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium

Edited by specopsbarton

So on question:

On 6/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, CeciliaB said:

Are that/those internal* hard disks sometimes disconnected from the computer or without power and therefore not accessible for adaware antivirus? 

Answer to that question is NO.

Adaware software is trying to reproduce your problem by using same paths.

Tell them please, I noticed when I was in language settings I had language Polish in entire program, but somehow it displayed it was english - this happened when my ignore list disappeared.

Btw I changed language to english like you said, and to now my list is working normally.

Thanks for the information and my contact person prefers if you can keep the English language for now, to check if it's language dependent.

Many days have passed, and my list didn't disappeared - Probably when I use polish language list disappears, or better said this setting is involved in it somehow.

Edited by specopsbarton

Thanks specopsbarton, I've forwarded the information to my contact person.

Sorry, I haven't any more information than the bug has been added to the list of bugs to correct.

Adaware software hasn't been able to reproduce your problem when they've set adaware antivirus to Polish and with your ignore list, and without being able to reproduce the problem it's very difficult to find the code line that needs to be changed.

If you can keep a list of what you're doing at the computer, e.g. using browser X, MS Office, game Y, insert/remove USB device type Z, using VPN, as detailed as possible but of course without being too personal, it would be very helpful and adaware software would be very grateful.

Im not doing anything special - I use browser, playing games, listen music, watching movies - if you need list of what I use I can send you via PM. Another thing I noticed is even if I cant see anything on list, programs/games/folders are still excluded -  they working like they are still on list.

Edited by specopsbarton

It's easier to try to reproduce the problem when they've as much information a possible, please send me the list.

Sorry, I haven't heard anything about fixing your problem, but I know they're working with a new version with a lot of changes and hopefully it'll be fixed in that one. But I'll ask them.

Hi again,

A new version of adaware antivirus has been released, please update and check if your problem has been solved.

Hello, unfortunately, problem still persist.

I just updated my definitions, cuz they was very old and list disappeared - list is normally visible, definitions updated, I closed adaware, after few seconds I was curious about list and looked...list was empty.

Maybe this problem is somehow connected with updating definitions?

So, after very long time fighting against bugs and problems in adaware, finally I found solution to all my problems...I uninstalled adaware and bought another antivirus software.

Best thing is, just as I thought problems with adaware are made by adaware itself, because current antivirus I use works like a charm - exclude list dont disappear, system is not slowed when searching files, and also this protection, FULL PROTECTION, I was so stupid to use adaware free, which is bugged and also not offers full protection.

Thanks Cecilia for all your help, adaware team should you and other volunteers pay money for your hard work doing for people.

Bye and again thanks for everything Cecilia :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1