Sign in to follow this  
WouterVos

Adaware keeps pestering me to "complete registration" when I already have

Question

My AdAware installation has been activated, I can see the configured key in the settings.

Yet on a regular basis it creates a popup asking me to "complete registration".

It takes me to a page where I can install AdAware, but I already have it!

I've also tried updating, but that also only takes me to an installation website, instead of updating the software.

This is interrupting my work and driving me crazy, if this can't be turned off I'll have to uninstall.

And I imagine many people already uninstalled for this reason.

This is totally broken.

6 answers to this question

My contact person thinks that your problems with registration and updating will be solved by uninstalling adaware antivirus, restart the computer, run the removal tool, restart the computer and then install the latest version from the web site.

Removal tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

By the way, the Log folder in the uploaded file "adaware antivirus.zip" is empty. To do any investigations the Log folder is necessary.

Hi WouterVos,

Which version of adaware antivirus have you?

Please take screenshots of the settings where you can see that it's activated, of the popup you get and of the web page you is taken to (with the address field visible).

Please, follow the instructions here:

to give adaware software the information they need to investigate your problem.

The "adaware antivirus.zip" files are 205MB, how should I upload that?

I can't find any files in my temp folder starting with MSI, but I did find a bunch of files that looked like what I would expect in similar folders, zipped those and added them.

I've tried uploading the system info, but the upload fails with the message: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

I've uploaded screenshots of the notification and the settings view showing the registered key.

It also says there's an update, but instead of updating the software, it opens a link to download Adaware Antivirus.

I'm not re-downloading and re-instealling the entire program every time there's an update.

Guess that means I'm going to have to uninstall.

MSIMGSIZ.zip

Screenshot of Adaware Antivirus warning.jpg

Edited by CeciliaB
Deleted screen shot that revealed the license key.

1 hour ago, WouterVos said:

The "adaware antivirus.zip" files are 205MB, how should I upload that?

1 hour ago, WouterVos said:

I've tried uploading the system info, but the upload fails with the message: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200"

Please read post #2 in the topic I linked to.

When you've uploaded the files I'll ask my contact person at adaware software about your question and problem.

I've deleted your last screen shot since the license key can be stolen by someone else. Here are some other essential information in it:
Adaware antivirus free
Version 12.3.909.11573
Expiration: 04/24/19 12:27:36

I uploaded the files to Google Drive:

The "adaware antivirus.zip": https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LimlxljckzHGjSyuxmES9h8V2Qy2VKrj

The system.info: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fJQCt013bn-P-K5LqjEdZJP2yDOV2KtD

Google considers the system.info file as an audio file, but I guess you can just download it.