Sign in to follow this  
Julio

Speed Test Issue

Question

Running Windows 7 on a 2.3 GHz Quad Core AMD with 6 GB RAM. Using AV Pro v12. I use Ookla Speed Test from time to time and can no longer access a test server. When I disable AV it works. Why is this happening and how can this be fixed?

3 answers to this question

Hi Julio,

From your other post I think you've a paid version of adaware antivirus and then you can contact the support team from the menus in adaware antivirus, instead of this forum with volunteers.

Have you tried to only disable the features within adaware antivirus to figure out which feature that prevents you from visiting Oakla speed test?

Thanks for the reply Cecillia. I'll take your first suggestion and contact Adaware support. While I'm a newbie to this forum, I'm good at computers and software in general. I suspect the issue is with the Firewall feature. Before using the free version before with a top-rated, free firewall and was  able to use Ookla. My troubles began when I upgraded to pro. According to your response to my Windows Explorer issue, I see that other windows 7 users with older systems are having trouble as well. I may have wasted my money, but I'll take the issue up with support.

You're welcome :)

Note that's possible to configure many features and allow more than the default settings.