UserComputer

I'm Still Seeing Pop Ups

Question

I installed Adware for Chrome but I'm still seeing annoying pop ups. Most of the pop ups have the url coolmoviezone.com and when I have clicked n the pop ups to block the site directly, I receive a warning from Adware that the site contains malware and extensions.Prior to adding adware, I had tried blocking them with chrome settings, but chrome keeps saying an error has occurred during the clean and repair process.  I tried using the latest version of Malwarebytes ad cleaner but to no avail. So I did an online search and found adware and installed it this afternoon, but it is not helping. I have full protection with AVG (including webcam protection, ransomware and antiphishing sites, etc.) so I do not need any additional antivirus protection. I just want the pop ups from coolmoviezone.com to be permanently blocked. 

1 answer to this question

Hi UserComputer,

Adaware software has several products, e.g. adaware antivirus and adaware web companion. I assume you mean that you installed adaware ad block (not adware).

Adaware ad block can block ads that are placed in the web page code by its developer, but not ads that are displayed by an add-on in the browser. Since the ads are mainly from coolmoviezone and not from common ad networks, I assume that you've one or several bad add-ons in Chrome.

Please, to get help with cleaning your computer follow the instructions in the topic Read This Before You Post! and I will move your topic to the forum Help with Stubborn Infections.