Sign in to follow this  
jamesgarner

Updates Failing

Question

When I click "Check for updates" it does not give me anything back and goes back to "Check for updates"

Is this normal? Also my software is not activated because it will not e-mail me my activation code. Does that affect the "Check for updates" ?

9 answers to this question

Hi jamesgamer,

It's probably best to wait until the program is activated before investigating if there is an update problem, but since the program is installed recently I assume that there are no updates yet.

I resolved my issue with activation (gmail doesn't get the key but yahoo accounts do!)

After I successfully updated my account, I still do not get updates! The application does not give me any feedback.

I tried a work around: In the notification tab, there is a link to "Software Update."

A box pops up with the following messages (in this order):

downloading web installer

downloading updater..

Error Couldn't download updater

What would cause this error?

Since you recently installed adaware antivirus, and therefore have the latest version, there are no software updates.

During the weekend I can't ask my contact person if it's the normal behaviour or if there is any problems with the update server.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:45 PM, jamesgarner said:

When I click "Check for updates" it does not give me anything back and goes back to "Check for updates"

Is this normal?

No, the text should change to "Checking for updates".

I suggest that you uninstall adaware antivirus, restart the computer, run the removal tool and finally restarts the computer before installing adaware antivirus again. Something seems to have failed during the current installation.
Removal tool: https://www.adaware.com/removal-tool

If you had another antivirus program installed before adaware, it's important to run the special removal/uninstall tool for that program before the installation of adaware antivirus, otherwise the left-overs can disturb the installation.

Hi, the issue with the update has been taken care of. I think the main issue with the updates was the stand-alone installer that I had downloaded and installed.

It was a file near 843 MB. After I uninstalled that version, I ran the Adware Installer (smaller file and not a stand-alone).

I recommend the stand alone version be looked at by your labs group for any issues. Thank you.

:)Thank you for the information and I'll forward it to my contact person.