jamesgarner

Failed to download web installer

Question

Any reason Why I'm getting this?

I tried downloading it through the app and the I tried using a separate Adware Installer.exe

Now the app keeps spamming me with "New version available"

I need help fixing this before I give up on adaware.

8 answers to this question

Hi again James,

Did you use the Removal tool and restarted the computer after the uninstallation?

Here's what's been done so far from the previous attempt:

- Downloaded and installed the stand alone installer

- had issues with downloading new web installer when prompted to update

- Uninstalled adaware and used removal tool and rebooted.

- Used the Install.exe and updated adaware the normal way (downloading through the internet

- At this point, everything worked fine for a couple of weeks until Adware Requested another update!

-- Attempted to update software through link in Pop up: failed to update new installer

-- Attempted to update through Notification Center: failed to update to new installer

- Uninstalled adaware, and used removal tool again and rebooted.

- Went to website, clicked on adaware free install.exe

- Received "failed to update new installer"

- Went to adaware and re-installed stand alone installer

- As of now, all my options are still "failed to update new installer"

- As far as I remember, this issue first happened near the beginning of 2019. Perhaps there's been a change in adaware's way of distributing file data?

- I'll just stick with the old version, this stand alone until this is fixed. The spam I have been receiving to update is horrendous!

Also, if for some miracle it dos download the web installer,

In the middle of the installation, a Pop Up with an X shows with a message:

"Uninstallation Error: Adaware Antifvirus has encountered an error during uninstallation. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please close the program and try uninstalling it again"

Which I did before and ending up being unable to re-install the program. Why does it take so much time and effort to install this software?

What's happening in your computer isn't the normal behaviour for adaware antivirus. I think there is something in your computer that disturbs the installation and/or uninstallation of adaware antivirus. Had you another antivirus program before adaware or have you used any optimizing or registry cleaning software?

I haved the same computer and adaware for several years now. I think when it switched from adaware 11 to 12, that's when the issues started to become more obvious. I have not optimized my registry or any cleaners. I like to keep things minimal.

Good that you haven't used optimizing and cleaning programs since they're known to cause problems.

I recommend that you do as the last time it worked:

- Uninstalled adaware and used removal tool and rebooted.

- Used the Install.exe and updated adaware the normal way (downloading through the internet

But please, reboot between the usual uninstallation and the removal tool too. Don't forget to reboot after the installation.

When I check the files on the web site the normal installation program is called Adaware_Installer.exe and is 2.6 MB, and the standalone installer is called AdAwareStandaloneInstaller.exe and is 823 MB.

Maybe there are some left-overs of Ad-Aware version 11 in the computer that disturbs the installation of version 12. After you've used the removal tool and restarted the computer, I can check if I can see any left-overs if you upload the log files of the FRST program.

Please, download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and save it on the desktop: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/
Start the FRST program.

Read the disclaimer and click Yes to accept it.
Click Scan button.
When done, FRST will create two log files, called FRST.txt and Addition.txt, on the desktop.

Please, attach them to your reply.