Sign in to follow this  

Question

hello, 

I noticed that the latest release of Adaware was 3 years ago. In 2017 Adaware 12 was realeased.

I also saw that the most recent blog posts in the website https://www.adaware.com/blog date back to 2017.

It seems like a bomb was dropped in adware in 2017 and no new activity was seen since then.

I want to know if there are any new versions in the making, or adaware is going to be phased out?

I see that adaware 12 is still maintained, but the engine and definitions come mostly from bitdefender. Are there are definitions still being done by adaware?

Basically all I want to know is, is adaware still alive and maintained? Why the stop since 2017? Is it still worth it to buy a license for the upcoming years?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hi @irvjo,

Minor releases are still released now and then even if it's been version 12 during several years.

I haven't heard from my contact person in the company that they're planning to phase out the antivirus program. What I've understood is that there have been major changes in the ownership including that the former owner has been bought by another company.

Hi CeciliaB, 

Thank you for your reply.

I know there are minor releases and Adaware still seems maintained, but the blog being dead since 2017, and there hasn't been new developments gives the idea of abandonment.

Out of curiosity I searched about adaware being bought out, and I can only find something about 2011, when they where bought by solaria fund. Can you tell me who owns adaware these days? In the website it says that the CEO is Daniel Assouline, is he still in charge? The website doesn't seem very updated, so I am guessing it's no longer him.