Sign in to follow this  
Ron Rohm

Adaware AV 12 Free + Windows Security Center

Question

Hello

I know Adaware Antivirus Free does not have support.  
I cannot find thru FAQs nor Community whether Adaware Antivirus Free (real time protection enabled) registers itself to Windows Security Center. 
Please point me to information regarding Adaware Antivirus Free + Windows Security Center. 

May I run Adaware Antivirus 12 Free with real time protection enabled side by side with Microsoft Defender AV. 

Does Windows turn off Microsoft Defender AV with Adware Antivirus 12 Free real time protection enabled?  

Is there a way to not register Adaware AV 12 Free to Windows Security Center ....to allow Adaware AV 12 Free with real time protection enabled to run side by side with Microsoft Defender AV.   

Thank you
Regards w Repect

1 answer to this question

Hi Ron,

11 hours ago, Ron Rohm said:

I cannot find thru FAQs nor Community whether Adaware Antivirus Free (real time protection enabled) registers itself to Windows Security Center. 

It does.

May I run Adaware Antivirus 12 Free with real time protection enabled side by side with Microsoft Defender AV. 

No, but you can scan with Defender when you want to do that (according to what I've heard).

Does Windows turn off Microsoft Defender AV with Adware Antivirus 12 Free real time protection enabled?

Yes

Is there a way to not register Adaware AV 12 Free to Windows Security Center ....to allow Adaware AV 12 Free with real time protection enabled to run side by side with Microsoft Defender AV.  

You shouldn't try to do that since having two antivirus with real-time protection will slow down the computer and might cause crashes or other problems due to conflicts between their drivers.