Sign in to follow this  
TimB

Cannot remove please help

Question

Hi.  i had MINOR machine performance issues so intended to temporarily remove Adaware.  Uninstall would not work so i ran the removal tool.  following this,  i still see all Adaware file and now whenever i run windows explorer, the windows installer starts to run and is looking for a certain adaware file and then just locks the whole machine.  please help

6 answers to this question

Hi Tim,

Is it Adaware antivirus or another Adaware product?
Which file is Windows Installer looking for?

anti virus.  in the end I had no choice but to let it reinstall itself.  now that i have done this, it is at least letting me open windows explorer... but far from a nice experieice to think that an anti virus system is so horrible to try to remove

Thanks, I've moved the topic to the right forum.

Unfortunately it's difficult to uninstall programs that are running and specially when they've drivers on a low level.

Did you follow this when you uninstalled the product?
1. Usual uninstallation
2. Restart computer
3. Run the removal tool
4. Restart computer

thanks for your help....yes absolutely.  tried all of that.  no success.  it looked as though it had worked,  but then when i looked at the Task Manager 'Start up' tab,  the launder was still there and active. so then i disabled that and again it looked as though it had stopped.  then i opened explorer to see if it had removed the files and that is when Windows Installer started to run and tried to reinstall it all over again.  After multiple attempts to stop that, i ultimately le it ire install.  Once i accepted it to install,  it has all gone quiet and basic functions are back to normal, but it is still clearly on my machine and running in the background.

You're welcome.

Please try to uninstall and use the removal tool in safe mode (restart the computer between).

How to start in safe mode in Windows 10: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2304-boot-into-safe-mode-windows-10-a.html

Edited by CeciliaB

Hi again Tim,

Have you been able to remove Adaware antivirus?