mikeshome1

Taking forever to run a full scan

Question

Yes hello, Well I don't know what's going on with my program, I start it up with a Full Scan, did this last night about 11 PM, left the computer on so the scan could run got up this morning at 8 AM and its still running, and its still telling me it has about 5 Hr.'s left to go. The screenshot shows this as much. I know virus programs don't work well together so I have no other Virus programs in my computer. So why is my program acting weird like this, running an hour maybe 2, ok, but over 12 Hr.'s is not working right, what is the problem.

98789aea665febe49d1c40afb6657292.png

3 answers to this question

Hi mikeshome1,

Is this a new installation or have you been using adaware antivirus for awhile with several Full Scans?

The first full scan can take very long time since information is saved about every file and that information is used during the next scan to shorten the time.

If there are file system errors or if the hard disk is bad, the scan might be hanging when it arrives to the error.

Hello I don't know if there's anything wrong with the scan . I decided to run a full scan as of this time as you can see it's been running for over 7 hours and only had less than half of my computer scanned it's telling me I have more than six hours left till has done it's a full scan and I started it manually I have never seen a program end up running for as long as it's doing is there something wrong with this or is it just weird it's not the first time it's done this every time I run a full scan it takes over 12 hours two complete I don't think it's supposed to do that can somebody please help me. This is the only antivirus I have in this computer.

Hi again @mikeshome1,

Have anything changed since January when the scan took a lot more than 12 hours?

What's the size of the used part of the hard disk?
Have you tested the hard disk with the test program of the manufacturer of the computer or hard disk?