Sign in to follow this  
jaggi

When using antivirus my PC overheats

Question

Hi!

I have recently downloaded adaware antivirus free version on my Laptop. I have Windows 10 installed but since then my PC fan are running way fast then it used to be. I also used couple of temperature monitor tool i.e. Core temp, HWMonitor, and Speedfan to check my CPU temp and fan speed. I noticed that my temps are way to high for a laptop. It's not just this tool along whenever i install third-party antivirus software this happens.

I don't know what is wrong with my laptop or there's something wrong with antivirus tool.

Especially when these tool download definition my laptop runs like a snail.

Edited by CeciliaB
Unnecessary links removed, don't use the forum for SEO

3 answers to this question

Hi jaggi,

Sorry to hear that you've a problem with your laptop. Since it isn't related to only Adaware antivirus, I don't think we help you here. Maybe it's too old/slow or contains too much dust.

7 hours ago, CeciliaB said:

Hi jaggi,

Sorry to hear that you've a problem with your laptop. Since it isn't related to only Adaware antivirus, I don't think we help you here. Maybe it's too old/slow or contains too much dust.

There's no dust in my laptop i regularly clean it. and my CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz   2.50 GHz with 8 GB of RAM. Does it not enough to bear this tool.

Edited by jaggi

Good, but since you wrote that you've the same problem with several antivirus program, I don't think that we can help you. I suggest that you contact a general purpose computer forum for both hardware and software problems.