Sign in to follow this  
icame2c

Ad-Aware SE wil not update

I have tried 3 times to update definitions on Ad-Aware SE but keep getting the following response:

unable to read definition file, error retreiving update

Definition file: SE1R124 19.09.2006

core 1.06r1 Personal

Oct. 6, 2006

Hi, I have been having the same problem since 7:00 EST this morning. I'm really glad it's just not me. Stupid thing though, I thought my AdAware was corrupt or something so I removed it and then downloaded it again and am now back to day one needing the definition files. Like 500 days behind!! Stupid me.

Hugs,

~Royjean~

I have tried 3 times to update definitions on Ad-Aware SE but keep getting the following response:

core 1.06r1 Personal

core 1.06r1 Personal

I actually got the update, I just did a check, and now the new def file has gone and I am back with the previous one dated 19/09/06.

What the hell is going on Lavasoft??????

I actually got the update, I just did a check, and now the new def file has gone and I am back with the previous one dated 19/09/06.

What the hell is going on Lavasoft??????

I am experiencing the same thing...now I can't even update. I get the prompt, error retrieving update.

Have you gotten any resove?

Sincerely,

Bevy

core 1.06r1 Personal

I too have been trying since 2 days ago (wednesday) to get updated. Figured something was wrong with installed program....uninstalled it....downloaded and re-installed.....still can't get updates. Says there is an error in retrieving the update and at times says it cannot connect to LavaSoft server.

I did download the def file and did a manual update and it now says I have an "EXPORTED" def file loaded. Anybody know if this is kosher?

I'm so confused...... :angry:

I too have been trying since 2 days ago (wednesday) to get updated. Figured something was wrong with installed program....uninstalled it....downloaded and re-installed.....still can't get updates. Says there is an error in retrieving the update and at times says it cannot connect to LavaSoft server.

I did download the def file and did a manual update and it now says I have an "EXPORTED" def file loaded. Anybody know if this is kosher?

I'm so confused...... :angry:

Ive got that export file too, I think they wanted us all to get that EXPORT file cause I actually managed to get the latest update this morning, but just 5 minutes ago after I did a check for updates it came up with the previous updates 124 19/09/06, its like they removed it from my computer, very odd!!!

Hi,

I too am unable to get updates. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Dont know how to do a manual update. Tried loading some file, but that didnt help. Does anyone know what the problem is??????

I see from this thread there are several of us with this 'problem'

I am running Ad-Aware Plus (build 1.06r1)

Suffering (as other have) I thought I will try.

Uninstall / Reinstall

Big Mistake !!

I bought my copy in May 2005 and cannot access the original download.

Trying to recover my 'uninstalled' copy I partially succeeded but am now missin the manual (I can download another copy of that from the site) but much worse Ad Watch will not launch.

I get the error message

Internal Error-Site files missing or corrupted.

How can I correct that ?

What does lavasoft say about the update problem described in the thread ?

Thanks

Keith

Sign in to follow this