• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katspau

It wont go away!

1 post in this topic

I hope I am posting in the correct place...if not somone will certainly let me know (I assume).

I recently got stormed by a host of undesireable little bugs and while attempting to use Ad-Aware encountered the 'system shuting down' problem mentioned in another post. The first suggested fix worked wonderfuly and I was able to isloate and eliminate 63 pests. Unfortunetly one still remains.

While bumbling around prior to comming here I discovered a nasty little program that pops up undesireable adds and periodicaly redirects my browser. The program is located in C:\Program Files\Deluxe Communications.....and is named DXC.exe. There are also 2 associated .dll files and all are undeleateable. There may be others I have not been able to identify but I do not know how to trace program and file linkages (unfortunately).

I believe they have hooked into explorer.exe and probably a couple of other services/functions so that no matter what I keep getting the message that they are being used by other programs when I try and delete them.

I would greatly appreciate any help, feel free to send me an e-mail if that is more appropriate than posting this here. Also I would be glad to upload these for evaluation if any of the moderators think they are appropriate candidates.

Hopefuly yours,

Katspau

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0