• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paucolpitts2

Offline Installation (Ad-aware SE Personal)

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'd like to run the Ad-Aware install on an offline computer. Can I use the regular install download to do this, or does the installation require an internet connection?

(Of course, the computer USED to have an internet connection which is why I need to run Ad-Aware...?)

Cheers,

Paul

Hi paucolpitts2,

Yes, you can install the program offline, but would need to update your Definition File to the latest one, SE1R125 06.10.2006.

I presume that you have access to an online system, since you are posting here.

To do a manual update , follow Luisfer's advice in another Topic:

If the first 2 methods do not work, then you should try a manual update.

Update the definition file by downloading the zipped definition from http://updates.ls-servers.com/public/defs.zip

Unzip this file and you will get a "defs.ref" file. This file should be copied to "c:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\" (the folder name will changed depending on if you have pro / plus / free)

Now load Ad-Aware. If the definition file is still showing your old one, then click on the settings icon (the cog wheel), then click "General". At the bottom right, there is a box saying "Using Definition File". Click the "Open file" icon next to that box and then browse to the definition file in "c:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\" (the folder name will changed depending on if you have pro / plus / free) Select it and press open. You should now have the latest version

Try it and let us know if an Ad-Aware scan clears out all your problems.

Regards,

Spike

Hey,

Thanks for your help. I did what you suggested and ran Ad-Aware with no problems. It really helped clean up the computer.

Thanks again,

Paul

Hi paucolpitts2,

Glad to help :P

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0