• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

4 posts in this topic

Hi.... can't find any way to prevent MSN from being my home page. When I change it in Internet Options (for example to about:blank) the setting seems to get over-written back to MSN.

Have run AW SE Plus with current definitions file.. and current Norton Internet Security (2006) with up-to-date files..... nothing.

I haven't attached log files, as I think I read that I should wait for you to ask for them.. but will be glad to do so if needed.

Thanks ...Ron

Hi rwba,

Is your Ad-Watch set to "Automatic"? If so, it will silently overide any changes made to your system, even ones that you want.

AdWatch_Block_Options.gif

Reset it to "Active" and accept the "Registry Modification" alert that will pop-up (check the message out, first, of course :) ) - it will then accept your change.

Active is always better than Automatic - if you are initiating a change (ie: program install/uninstall), then you can accept the alerts as they come up.

If an alert appears when you haven't initiated/downloaded anything, then Block the change and start a thorough check of your system !

Personally, I always want to know when something wants to alter my settings - Automatic just blocks them silently...

Regards,

Spike

Thanks Spike.

Ad-Watch is set to Active only.

When I follow your instructions, I don't get any pop-up warning from Ad-Watch. Just for clarity... when should the Registry Modification pop-up occur? Also, in the Tools menu of Ad-Aware, should I be placing 'about:Blank' to be my default. Right now, the default shows as the offending msn address... which is http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...&ar=msnhome

Ron ;)

Edited by rwba

Hi rwba,

Is your Ad-Watch set to "Automatic"? If so, it will silently overide any changes made to your system, even ones that you want.

post-4454-1161422453.gif

Reset it to "Active" and accept the "Registry Modification" alert that will pop-up (check the message out, first, of course ;) ) - it will then accept your change.

Active is always better than Automatic - if you are initiating a change (ie: program install/uninstall), then you can accept the alerts as they come up.

If an alert appears when you haven't initiated/downloaded anything, then Block the change and start a thorough check of your system !

Personally, I always want to know when something wants to alter my settings - Automatic just blocks them silently...

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0