Sign in to follow this  
RookieBoy

Create a rule to allow cookies

I want a cookie from statcounter to be allowed on my computer and even though I set up a rule to ignore the value it still gets blocked. Ican't figure out how to allow this cookie to be stored on my computer. I have also added it to the ignore list through adaware's search and still it keeps blocking it.

How can I allow cookies?

Hi RookieBoy,

I use a small, free utility from analogx called CookieWall - Click here to download

Once loaded on your system, this utility allows you to control cookies as they are loaded onto your system - in general, the only cookies that I 'Always Allow" are those for Internet Banking, my ISP, Hardware installed and other trusted sites. You could, for example, add the cookie from statcounter to this list:

CookieWall_1.gif

Otherwise, I "Temporarily Accept" any cookie around (some sites require acceptance of cookies for full functionality) - then when I leave, I simply click on "Delete all new cookies from disk' and they are gone, which means that they won't appear in your next Ad-Aware scan.

CookieWall_2.gif

Certain bothersome tracking cookies which always load from sites that you visit often, can be placed in the "Delete Automatically" section. This is how I have mine configured:

CookieWall_3.gif

This way, I get to keep the cookies that I want (which do not appear in my scans) and get rid of the rest. Should you forget to empty out the "Temporarily Accept" section, CookieWall pops them up for re-classification at your next boot-up.

Regards,

Spike

Thanks! That looks like a nice little utility. I will give it a shot and let you know what I think. Tell me though, is it NOT possible to allow cookies with Ad Aware and Ad Watch?

Hi RookieBoy,

One of the purposes (albeit minor) of AAW is to stop the critters...

Have checked all the options - the only one that I can suggest is that you click on the Ad-Watch Configuration icon

AD_Watch_Config_Icon.gif

When the Ad-Watch screen appears, click on "Tools" in the lower right corner

Ad_Watch_Blocking_1.gif

Under "Options, navigate to "Blocking Options" and un-tick (red cross) Block tracking cookies

Ad_Watch_Blocking_2.gif

Also, make sure that Ad-Watch is set to Active, not Automatic.

This may allow the cookie that you want to keep, to stay on your system (can't say for sure, as I've never tried it ... :) )

Regards,

Spike

Glad to be of help, RookieBoy :(

One of the things that I first found so surprising when I started using CookieWall, was the number of cookies some sites bombard you with ...

Regards,

Spike

Edited by spike-nz

Sign in to follow this