Sign in to follow this  
hbman

Auto Update Command Line Parameter Not Working

Hi,

I use several of the available Command Line Parameters in Ad-Aware SE. For example, I use the /full Command Line Parameter to run a full system scan every night. And it works like a charm.

However, the +update Command Line Parameter will not properly execute.

According to the Ad-Aware User Guide, the +update Command Line Parameter "checks if a new definitions file is available and downloads it on Ad-Aware SE startup."

I have watched and visually monitored what happens when this +update Command Line Parameter executes. Upon execution, Ad-Aware opens. However, that is all that happens. Ad-Aware does not check to see if a new definitions file is available and download it.

And I am positive a new defintion file is available, because I have checked the Lavasoft website ahead of time to verify the most recent definition file update.

Any help would be much appreciated.

hbman

Hi hbman,

You are correct in your interpretation of the +update Command Line Parameter. From the Ad-Aware SE Plus Help File:

Example:

Ad-Aware.exe /smart +silent +update +nice-2

Ad-Aware will run silently (without the GUI) in the background, checks for definitions file updates before it performs the scan, and then performs a Smart System scan at high priority.

As to why it is not correctly working for you, I am unable to say, being unfamiliar with Command Line Parameters.

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will stop by with some more helpful advice.

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this