• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
debbie299

AdAware Won't Open

2 posts in this topic

I was trying to perform a scan with AdAware SE Personal. I opened the program and I got the message 'Loading Definitions.' When I got this message the scan did nothing...it appeared to be 'stuck.' My computer locked up and I rebooted many times. After trying to run AdAware about 10 times (only to have the same thing happen) I gave up. When I open AdAware, WHY is it getting 'hungup' on 'Loading Definitions' and the program won't open so I can perform a scan?? HELP!!! ;)

Hi debbie299,

Which version of Ad-Aware are you running? (And is it Build 1.06r1?)

I would suggest that you uninstall your current program using Add/Remove programs (Start > Settings > Add/Remove Programs) - then check C:\Program Files\Lavasoft and delete any folders/files left behind.

Then download and reinstall from Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06

Once installed, check for updated Definitions:

Check_for_Updates_1.gif

If there is a new Definition File, you will get an alert like this:

Update_defs__3_.gif

Dowload as per instructions.

Then scan as usual - set the Full Scan configuration as follows:

preparing_System_Scan.gif

Please note the red cross and the green tick

Let us know if you still have problems.

Regards,

Spike