Sign in to follow this  
Jan J

Question about 2o7 (spyware or not)???

Over the past couple years, I've seen 2o7 turn up in Ad-Aware Plus scans.... along with other items.....

A little over a year ago, I started blocking keywords in my router, and significantly reduced the amount of those keywords in subsequent Ad-Aware scans.... Now I'm not trying to eliminate Ad-Aware Plus from my system, just augment it with keyword blocking in my router. By doing this, I see much less Doubleclick, Fastclick, Clicktracks entries in subsequent Ad-Aware scans... It appears to be helping somewhat....

My question is not about blocking in a router.... My question is specifically about 2o7 Is this Spyware, and should it be blocked (like I still see occasionally in Ad-Aware scans?), or is this a benign item that should be passed? I seem to be in a discussion about this specific item at another forum, where it is claimed that it isn't something that should be blocked.....

I figured that if any place should know if somthing is something I should block or not, it would be here!!!

Should 2o7 be allowed out or should I block it?

Thanks much....

Jan

Hi and welcome Jan J!

My question is specifically about 2o7 Is this Spyware,

I think this one is a Tracking Cookie you see in your Ad-Aware logs (If so, it's harmless).

But to be sure can you please do a Full System Scan with your Ad-Aware and Please post the results as a reply (don't remove anything which is found).

Before you do a scan, launch Ad-Aware SE and check for any Definition File updates.

Regards

Malou

Hi Jan J

Yes, its a tracking cookie. It reports back to Omniture 207.net server (for lack of the correct word), a third-party, to track traffic to a site. Been there, done that. My ISP uses it so I don't even frequent their pages any more.

Here is my thread and a link in the thread to that site and their policy.

http://www.castlecops.com/t122057-Cant_get...net_cookie.html

(No offense Lavasoft, just my experience).

I put it in Restricted Site/Block Third-Party Cookies. I finally got it stopped.

google it too. Info there.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jan J,

If you want greater control over those pesky tracking cookies (intrusive and annoying) look at my post in this thread for a download link and screen-shots of a small, free utility called CookieWall by analogX (and no, I don't have any connection whatsoever with the product/site) ;) : Create a rule to allow cookies, Allow certain cookies

Regards,

Spike

Thanks to all on this subject....

I used the router at first to see if it would work, and this posting was due to a posting elsewhere where I was told otherwise.

Thanks for the direction... and suggestions!!!

Sign in to follow this