• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hueske

Adaware programs not responding

3 posts in this topic

First of all I am not a computer savy person. I had Adaware personal installed by a gentleman that fixed my computer. I opened the program to use and it started out scanning and then stopped "responding" at around 87000 files at a file "typelib\{f49526A8-5BE9-4AEA-9F6A-576F32FACD5C}. I mention the file because it comes up repeatedly when I try to scan and the program stops responding.

I thought that the program may be out of date so I downloaded new data and the same file comes up when the program stops responding. I then downloaded (and paid for) Adaware SE Plus (figuring that maybe I nededed a subscription). Smae thing happens...the program stops responding and at the above mentioned file. ;)

I read a post by Spike-nz and followed recommendations he posted to Calamity Jane (?). None of these steps helped my problem. Also went into my "General" Settings (cog) tweak settings and deselected "Unload recognized processes & modules during scan"...still not help and it still stops at the same file! ;)

First of all I am not a computer savy person. I had Adaware personal installed by a gentleman that fixed my computer. I opened the program to use and it started out scanning and then stopped "responding" at around 87000 files at a file "typelib\{f49526A8-5BE9-4AEA-9F6A-576F32FACD5C}. I mention the file because it comes up repeatedly when I try to scan and the program stops responding.

I thought that the program may be out of date so I downloaded new data and the same file comes up when the program stops responding. I then downloaded (and paid for) Adaware SE Plus (figuring that maybe I nededed a subscription). Smae thing happens...the program stops responding and at the above mentioned file. sad.gif

User is online!Profile CardPM

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

V Full Edit

V Quick Edit

hueske

post Jan 13 2007, 09:47 AM

Post #2

Group: Members

Member No.: 19,379

I read a post by Spike-nz and followed recommendations he posted to Calamity Jane (?). None of these steps helped my problem. Also went into my "General" Settings (cog) tweak settings and deselected "Unload recognized processes & modules during scan"...still not help and it still stops at the same file! mad.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0