• Announcements

• Andrew Browne

Support for other products than adaware, ad block and Web Companion

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ambimom

Ad-Aware Crashing My Laptop

6 posts in this topic

I have been using Adaware successfully for years! It's installed on my desktop (XP-Home SP2) and my laptop (XP-Pro SP2). A few days ago, the laptop began crashing and rebooting each time I tried to do a web update.

The desktop updates are working fine.

I removed and reinstalled Adaware on the laptop.

As soon as I tried to update the brand--new installation on my laptop.... BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I assumed I had some strange infection. I reformatted and reinstalled windows on my laptop. The computer was now as clean as the driven snow. I did one update and scan. Everything was fine.

The next time I tried to update, I got blue screen of death!!!!!. When I tried to navigate to Lavasoft site, ANOTHER BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I used Add/Remove and deleted the new installation. Thankfully I am able to get to Lavasoft website.

I only use Opera and Firefox browsers. Microsoft Defender, Pest Patrol, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster all show "0" on full scans. I don't know why my laptop suddenly can't use Adaware.

Can anyone shed light?

The dump was approximately....

"A problem has been detected. To prevent damange...etc.

Driver_IRAL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Remove software....Disable BIOS memory options, caching or shadowing....

STOP:0X000000D1

(0X8240000,0X00000002,0X000000,0XF80D5A98)....

I have been using Adaware successfully for years! It's installed on my desktop (XP-Home SP2) and my laptop (XP-Pro SP2). A few days ago, the laptop began crashing and rebooting each time I tried to do a web update.

As soon as I tried to update the brand--new installation on my laptop.... BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I assumed I had some strange infection. I reformatted and reinstalled windows on my laptop. The computer was now as clean as the driven snow. I did one update and scan. Everything was fine.

The next time I tried to update, I got blue screen of death!!!!!. When I tried to navigate to Lavasoft site, ANOTHER BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

I used Add/Remove and deleted the new installation. Thankfully I am able to get to Lavasoft website.

I only use Opera and Firefox browsers. Microsoft Defender, Pest Patrol, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster all show "0" on full scans. I don't know why my laptop suddenly can't use Adaware.

Can anyone shed light?

Hi,

Did you find anything the first scan, did you remove anything?

Do you have the lavasoft authenticity check installed?

Hi,

Did you find anything the first scan, did you remove anything?

Do you have the lavasoft authenticity check installed?

The first and only scan found nothing. I've since removed Adaware. I have Pest Patrol, Defender, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster.

Pest Patrol did encounter wmplayer.exe in my Launch Applications, which I quarantined, but after I removed AdAware.

I am afraid to reload Adaware at this point. Any advice?

The first and only scan found nothing. I've since removed Adaware. I have Pest Patrol, Defender, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster.

Pest Patrol did encounter wmplayer.exe in my Launch Applications, which I quarantined, but after I removed AdAware.

I am afraid to reload Adaware at this point. Any advice?

Try to follow this instructions:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=216

Please post your logfile here so we can make sure if you still are infected.

Thanks.

Can anyone shed light?

I had the same problem w/ DELL laptop using Intel 2200BG wireless mini-PCI. Sent error report to Microsoft and received immediate response as follows:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...68ca3d&SID=1507

Solution found: contact Intel® Corporation to obtain the update

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)

Solution

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys) was created by Intel® Corporation. Intel® Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Intel® Corporation recommends that you visit the following website:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...&ProductID=2259

I downloaded the new Intel software and the problem disappeared! Imagine that! This was the first time Microsoft steered me in the right direction w/o going thru miles of web pages to find a solution! KUDOS to Windows error reporting! Mark it down on your calendars folks...I have!

I had the same problem w/ DELL laptop using Intel 2200BG wireless mini-PCI. Sent error report to Microsoft and received immediate response as follows:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?...68ca3d&SID=1507

Solution found: contact Intel® Corporation to obtain the update

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys)

Solution

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG adapter software (w22n51.sys) was created by Intel® Corporation. Intel® Corporation informed Microsoft that they have a solution available for the problem you reported. To learn more about the solution, Intel® Corporation recommends that you visit the following website:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...&ProductID=2259

I downloaded the new Intel software and the problem disappeared! Imagine that! This was the first time Microsoft steered me in the right direction w/o going thru miles of web pages to find a solution! KUDOS to Windows error reporting! Mark it down on your calendars folks...I have!

Thanks! I had a feeling it was the wireless....because I connected directly with an ethernet cable to my router and everything was fine...! I shall download the fix and let you know. It has been driving me crazy!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0