Sign in to follow this  
welldoneman27

Error retrieving update

Somehow, my WebUpdate thingy just doesn't work. It always goes to "Retrieving update: 5%", then says "Error retrieving update". I've tried all the methods suggested on the Lavasoft website, and even disabled my firewall, but AdAware still can't update. I finally got the update manually though, but why doesn't the updater work, and how do I fix it, or do I just have to resort to manual update from now on?

I'm using the free version "Build 1.06r1", and I now have definitions "SE1R150 09.02.2007", obtained manually.

Thanks.

Edited by Wayde

Hello,

Have you experience this problem for a long time? Do you still have the problem? We do not have any reports that there should be any problems with our download servers. Please try again to disable or check your firewall settings.

Regards

Christopher

Manager, Lavasoft Security Center

Somehow, my WebUpdate thingy just doesn't work. It always goes to "Retrieving update: 5%", then says "Error retrieving update". I've tried all the methods suggested on the Lavasoft website, and even disabled my firewall, but AdAware still can't update. I finally got the update manually though, but why doesn't the updater work, and how do I fix it, or do I just have to resort to manual update from now on?

I'm using the free version "Build 1.06r1", and I now have definitions "SE1R150 09.02.2007", obtained manually.

Thanks.

Ok, it works now, even with firewall on (Ad-Aware is on the allowed list). I guess it must've been due to a lousy connection, this problem showed up too when the Taiwan quake about 1 month ago messed up the cables...

Thanks for your help anyway. :D

Sign in to follow this