Sign in to follow this  
kareldeveer

Installation Aborted Internal Error

When I want to re-install ad-aware-se, immediately after starting install I get the message "Installation aborted" and in a frame the message "Internal error". I searched the forum but I didn't find a related topic.

Can anyone help me out. Is there something left in the Windows 2000 registry that creates this problem?.

Thanks for your help and greetings from the Netherlands

Karel de Veer

Is it a paid-for edition of Ad-Aware SE? If so, you will have Ad-Watch running, and it could be that you're trying to reinstall the software while it's still running.

If you are using the free version, I would suggest re-downloading it as it may be the installer that is at fault.

Let us know how you get on.

Is it a paid-for edition of Ad-Aware SE? If so, you will have Ad-Watch running, and it could be that you're trying to reinstall the software while it's still running.

If you are using the free version, I would suggest re-downloading it as it may be the installer that is at fault.

Let us know how you get on.

I downloaded the free-version of SE again, but immediately when I click on the setup program to install the software I get the above mentioned error. Your suggstion didn't help me out. Any other possibilty/reason why I can't install the program?

Kind regards

Karel de Veer

kareldeveer,

have a look in your Add/remove programs to see if Ad-aware is there if so then please remove it then do a search of your PC for Ad-aware and folder (Lavasoft) and remove them then Reboot (ie: Re-start your PC)

Then can you clear out your cache folder ie: temporary internet folder There are some free programs that you can use that will do that for you if needed like :P

CCleaner

(Note in CCleaner: go to >options > advanced > Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours").

but see CCleaner Set up

then redownload a fresh copy of Ad-aware SE Build 106 once you have installed use the WebUpDate

to get the latest Definition file

SE1R110 31.05.2006 then scan doing a "Full Scan" and then post your logfile here by using the Add-Reply Feature .

As Logs are stored in :

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-aware\Logs\.

An easy way to get there is to

click Start,

click Run

And type in and press ENTER: %appdata%

then click Lavasoft

then Ad-Aware

and then Logs.

scroll down to find the latest one that you have

(by date & time)

and open it right Click select all

copy and then paste the contents of it here.

(Make sure that all of your Logfile has been posted, sometimes it will require two post's to get it all)

I recommend that you use the WebUpDate just before you scan that way you will always be up to date.

(note The Application Data is a hidden folder, so you will need to show hidden files and folders

and for Windows 98/ME users your logs are stored in

C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Application Data\ ) by default.

GRAFX 206729.gif

Thanks GRAFX for your answer.

It seems I have some work to do in the weekend.

I sincerely hope your answer will lead to success and I will report it here of course.

Kind regards and greeting from the Netherlands.

Karel de Veer

kareldeveer,

remember before you scan use the WebUpDate to be sure that you have the latest Definition file wink2.gif

GRAFX 206729.gif

Sign in to follow this