Sign in to follow this  
joakim_46

Some site's cookies are not bad as reported

Ad-Aware 2007 is reporting the following tracking cookies from Firefox as bad:

club.cdfreaks.com - Perfectly regular discussion forum

cdfreaks.com - Perfectly regular tech news site

filelist.org - Bittorrent tracker

I think you should consider whitelisting this cookies because they're login cookies to those services.

Hi Joakim!

Thanks for your report! The cookies you mentioned will be removed from detection as of the next update.

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Research

Hi Joakim!

Thanks for the update! I ran a scan having visited foobar2000.org and made sure there was a corresponding cookie on my machine. Ad-Aware didn't pick up the foobar2000.org cookie... :)

Could I ask you to post the log file of the scan that picked up the cookie so I can investigate further? Thanks again for your report!

Regards

Andy

Lavasoft Research

Hi Joakim,

Thanks for uploading the log file - these things are invaluable! I will investigate further and post my conclusions.

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Research

Hi Joakim,

After some investigation I can confirm that the foobar2000.org cookie detection is an issue with Ad-Aware 2007 Beta rather than a false positive generated by Ad-Aware 1.06r1. I will pass the foobar2000 cookie issue to the Ad-Aware 2007 development team. I would like to thank you for bringing this Beta version bug to light - reports like this are extremely helpful! :)

If you come across any other anomalies, please be sure to report them in the Ad-Aware 2007 forum at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=55 . Thanks for your input!

Regards,

Andy

Lavasoft Research

Sign in to follow this