Sign in to follow this  
Solaze

Definition Files Corrupted, But Ad-aware Won't Update?

Well, I recently got the Ad-Aware ad on, except it doesn't turn on, it says definition files corrupted, but then when I try to connect to the update server, it says error retrieving updates...I don't know what to do...

Hi Solaze,

Well, I recently got the Ad-Aware ad on

Do you mean that you purchased Ad-Aware SE Plus or Professional ? Ad-Watch is the real-time monitor component of the licensed versions (as opposed to the free Personal version).

If you would like configuration advice for Ad-Watch, please post back, using the "Add Reply" button at the bottom-right:

Add_Reply.gif

it says definition files corrupted

Try the steps set out in this Topic: Ad-aware Definition Update Problems

If you are experiencing the "Error retrieving updates - stops at 5%" issue, please see this Topic: Solution For " Error Retrieving Updates. Interrupts At 5% Download Completion " and follow the instructions for your version.

(NB: Always uninstall any existing product before any reinstallation).

Regards,

Spike

I have a similar problem. Just to clarify, I recently downloaded and now use Ad-Aware SE Plus. The installed core application: 1.06r1 Plus.

When I attempt to Download the Updates, it goes completely through the motions of downloading definitions file SE1R169 07.05.2007 to and including "Finish" but the definitions file loaded is SE1R169 30.04.2007.

AD-Watch has no rules loaded, and shows as a ghost in the icon tray.

I followed instructions on a web page I can no longer find. Steps were to:

Delete defs.ref and defs.ref.old

Do a new Update

Update loaded was SE1R169 30.04.2007 not SE1R169 07.05.2007.

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late reply - have been away from the board. Have you sorted out your up-date problems yet?

If deleting the defs.ref and defs.ref.old files did not work, then try a manual update as described in this "pinned post": Ad-aware Definition Update Problems

Please post back if you still experience problems.

Regards,

Spike

(Double post deleted for you :) )

I'm still having problems updating, this is amazing, and some of the tools I've downloaded won't work, some say malware might have overun my host, which wouldn't suprise me, I've been using Windows Defender, it found 1 spyware...I came back to this today to try, and it found 171 spyware, but it still has problems, amazing program, but it's messed up, I use Vista, so I wonder if that's the reason, ad watch stopped working also, I had to attempt to re-install the stuff all over again, everytime I clicked ad-watch, nothing happened....

... I use Vista, so I wonder if that's the reason, ad watch stopped working also ...

Hi,

AFAIK Ad-Aware does not support Windows Vista yet. That might explain why it is not working for you. Perhaps you should wait for newer Vista-supporting version?

Edited by lordpake

Sign in to follow this