Sign in to follow this  
K-man

Can Ad-aware Remove The "coolwwwsearch (a.exe)" Spyware?

At work, this piece of spyware has gotten into our network and is affecting the performance of the workstations. Every minute or so a pop=-up window will come up and an error message will come up. I'll attach the file tomorrow when I get to work. I don't know where to seach within Ad-Aware if it can remove this spyware program. At home I use the Plus version and was thinking of installing the Personal one on of the PC there and see if it works. Please let me know...

Edited by Korab

Here's the error message that we're getting (i don't know if it's readable)

post-24524-1178290053.jpg

Korab,

You're going to have to call in your IT person to track down the machine that's infecting the others with a.exe. All computers on the network need to be cleaned.

There may be other malware files on the infected machine, so your best bet is to call in the person your Company pays to 'fix' the malware.

Ad-aware will definitely alert you to a "CoolWeb" infection, but some instances can't be cleaned if it involves changes in the registry due to other malware that attached themselves to the infection.

We're in contact with the main IT guys of the company and we're trying to pin-point the main machine that probably spread the malware

Sign in to follow this