Sign in to follow this  
Norfolkman47

Kaspersky A/virus And Ad-watch

I have Ad-Aware Plus and have just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 I later discovered Kasperky will not load if Ad-Watch is running - so I am left without a Kasperksy's firewall and anti-virus protection!!

I therefore have had to disable Ad-Watch to keep my PC protected - can anyone help me so that I can run my Ad-Watch and Kaspersky at the same time please.

It took several hours to discover that Ad-Watch was the culprit and in the meantime without Firewall/Anto-Virus protection I had acquired a Trojan infection (now neutralised - thank goodess)! :)

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Norfolkman47

This is not a fix but rather a workaround for the problem.

You have 2 options.

1.) Launch Ad-Watch manually after startup and KIS loading is complete

or

2.) Find an application that let's you time-delay startup objects, and use it to set a delay for Ad-Watch startup if possible.

Option #1 is probably the best.

Are you sure it is Ad-Watch blocking KIS.I'm not an expert but many trojans will block av's and firewalls.I have used KIS for about 2 years with Ad-Aware Plus and now pro.I have had no problems and the two play well together for me.

Another possibility is KIS being corrupted while installing,did you un-install and re-install.I run KIS along with Ad-Aware Pro and Spysweeper and AVG and altogether or in any combo they play nice.The self defense monitor in KIS will block any program from accessing it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Kasperksy also is in constant watch of your computer for Viruses and Spyware, I went on PCWorld.com, it protects from both, so that's probably why...

Sign in to follow this