Sign in to follow this  
Solaze

...actually Deleting What It Finds...

That would be great if it actually deleted the things it found, say, like Spyware, Malware, etc.. instead of disabling it...

That would be great if it actually deleted the things it found, say, like Spyware, Malware, etc.. instead of disabling it...

It would be great until it made a mistake (false positive) and deleted something that you wanted to keep and had no way of recovering. The quarantine feature is a safety measure that prevents Ad-Aware from damaging your system. You can always delete the items from quarantine later if you determine that they really aren't needed.

oK, I deleted stuff from the quarantine thing, does that mean it's restored, or was that just a log?

I think it would be better if it gave us the option to delete the infected files and such off our computers...

oK, I deleted stuff from the quarantine thing, does that mean it's restored, or was that just a log?

I think it would be better if it gave us the option to delete the infected files and such off our computers...

The Quarantine Manager is accessed by clicking on the padlock icon at the top of the GUI.

A Quarantined Object is selected by clicking on it from within the Quarantine Manager.

After selecting an object, it can be removed from the system by clicking on Delete or restored to the system by clicking on Restore. Once deleted it can not be subsequently recovered. As I explained above, the quarantine is a safety feature. I have personally seen a number of examples of systems that had to be totally rebuilt after a reputable security application was allowed to arbitrarily remove files/reg keys that were falsely detected. Many other products do include the option to either quarantine or remove, and I continually see people asking for help because they chose not to quarantine for a period of time before deleting. Given the choice I would much prefer restoring a quarantine item to rebuilding my system.

Sign in to follow this