Sign in to follow this  
Schly

Ad-aware 2007 Free Ram Usage

Greetings! I am a brand new Ad-Aware 2007 free user. I think I am excited that it detected a dialer and one other form of malware during its first scan.

One question though (and a follow-up). Okay, 2 questions.

If real-time protection is disabled in the free version, why does task manager list aawservice.exe using 40Mbytes of memory? I assumed nothing would reside in memory if it isn't actively scanning. Is there a setting to disable aawservice.exe from loading at startup?

Greetings! I am a brand new Ad-Aware 2007 free user. I think I am excited that it detected a dialer and one other form of malware during its first scan.

One question though (and a follow-up). Okay, 2 questions.

If real-time protection is disabled in the free version, why does task manager list aawservice.exe using 40Mbytes of memory? I assumed nothing would reside in memory if it isn't actively scanning. Is there a setting to disable aawservice.exe from loading at startup?

Hi, Schly :huh:

It's not the real-time protection ,but the automated start-up scan.

You only have to disable it.

another way is

> start > execute > type ' msconfig ' > system start > disable aawservice.

Hope it helps.

Cheers :D

Raziel

You shouldn't disable services from msconfig. You should go > start > execute > ' services.msc ' > disable aawservice.

You shouldn't disable services from msconfig. You should go > start > execute > ' services.msc ' > disable aawservice.

Hi, :D

try to disable aawservice.exe ( Not Ad-Aware 2007 Service :P ) in

services.msc . be on the rack what happens.

Cheerio

Raziel

Edited by Raziel v. Nosgoth

Hi, :rolleyes:

try to disable aawservice.exe ( Not Ad-Aware 2007 Service :lol: ) in

services.msc . be on the rack what happens.

Cheerio

Raziel

HI

I tried to disable the service it worked until I started Adaware again It was there again The start up type is automatic and I can't change that

HI

I tried to disable the service it worked until I started Adaware again It was there again The start up type is automatic and I can't change that

Me again I found out how to change the service from automatic I disabled it and Adaware won't open So Ihad to enable it again :lol:

The only way to resolve that is to uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 and return to the prior version (not the prior version of Ad-Aware 2007 of course).

I wonder if this problem exists in the Beta version of Ad-Aware 2007, someone knows ?

Edited by Martyoplastic

Me again I found out how to change the service from automatic I disabled it and Adaware won't open So Ihad to enable it again :D

try setting it to manual then it will run when you want to scan, of course you will have to stop the service after you have finished scanning ;) ploygon

IMHO, this 2007 version is the worst one :(

When in free version i must to run servise that i don't need it at all, when application is closed .

When i put service in manual it doesn't help !!! When i start ad-aware, it show's me an error, that she can't start ;(

Sign in to follow this