Sign in to follow this  
diablo

Ad-aware 2007 7.0.1.2 Free Error Updating

when i try to update the new ad-aware free version 7.0.1.2, it doesnt update..

when i go to web update first of all the update button is greyed out...

also on the status tab then to the update status and hit the update button i get an error message

an ad-aware 2007 an error occured

event

SSL download failed

suggested action

run webupdate

but when i run web update the update button is greyed out

thanks

I have exactly the same problem. At first, tweaking my firewall, Outpost Pro, I was able to update. Now it no longer works.

I run XP Home, IE and Outpost Pro , Spywareblaster, Spybot, As-aware, Trojan Hunter. None of these has ever conflicted with anything.

Is this therefore a bug

also on the status tab then to the update status and hit the update button i get an error message

event

SSL download failed

suggested action

run webupdate

thanks

The program now works (should have said I use the free program, as I have done for many years). After booting PC this morning, going online and opening Ad-aware, did not use it for a few minutes, when hey presto! it came up with a message that my definitions are up to date: when I then clicked on Update in the Status pane, it repeated this message. Now when online and starting the program (I always do so manually) it comes up with this info immediately. So trick for me seems to have been to be patient with the first few uses and wait a minute or two to allow the program to run. Originally, thought it had stopped, and so exited and did not give it more time.

I have exactly the same problem. At first, tweaking my firewall, Outpost Pro, I was able to update. Now it no longer works.

I run XP Home, IE and Outpost Pro , Spywareblaster, Spybot, As-aware, Trojan Hunter. None of these has ever conflicted with anything.

Is this therefore a bug

Hello,

i have the same problem.

I have norton and into internet security (firewall/configuration/advanced/general tools) there is a place where it refuse the ssl connection.

i stop norton during 5 minutes, times to do the update from adware, and i restart norton.

I have post a comment "SSL" here over that problem.

Jean

event

SSL download failed

suggested action

run webupdate

thanks

In Norton Internet Security, find the advanced tab in the options.

Unblock the access to secure sites.

I have a post about that, subject SSL download failed.

Cheers,

Steffo

i disabled norton but now it says server is busy all the time and if i do get an updae connection it freezes and doesnot update

Hello,

server is busy will say it is busy...

you wait a little or a little more ;-) and you try again

this a new program a they are many people they want it ;-)

In Norton Internet Security, find the advanced tab in the options.

Unblock the access to secure sites.

I have a post about that, subject SSL download failed.

Cheers,

Steffo

I hope the forum members reading through these posts will take Steffo's advice without disabling NIS--her approach is what worked for the beta testers who have NIS installed on their systems. Ever since I configured the communication path to allow the NIS firewall to allow access from my system to the secure server site (outgoing connection), my "SSL Download Failed" error message never reappeared, the Defs file update worked, and Update Manager always reported when component updates were available for download and installation.

Thanks for your posts, Steffo!

Regards - Jerry

Edited by JerryPorter

Sign in to follow this