Sign in to follow this  
aviramof

Ad-aware 2007 Do Not Save The Settings.

i have just installed Ad-Aware 2007 and it's seems thet the softwere doesn't save any setting

i do for instance i'v cacelled the v in update defenition in startup but every time i open the

softwere it's still there and it's still looking for updated at startup another problem

is thet i'm trying to changed the skin to sedona but when restart the softwere it's still the

default skin and another problem is thet i can't changed the default homepage in the softwere

and to sum it up no setting change is saved and of course thet i have tried to press save and

apply and etc but when i restart the softwere nothing has been changed and it's excelly like it was

like i never changed anything.

thanks in advance. :D

Edited by aviramof

i have just installed Ad-Aware 2007 and it's seems thet the softwere doesn't save any setting

i do for instance i'v cacelled the v in update defenition in startup but every time i open the

softwere it's still there and it's still looking for updated at startup another problem

is thet i'm trying to changed the skin to sedona but when restart the softwere it's still the

default skin and another problem is thet i can't changed the default homepage in the softwere

and to sum it up no setting change is saved and of course thet i have tried to press save and

apply and etc but when i restart the softwere nothing has been changed and it's excelly like it was

like i never changed anything.

thanks in advance. :D

Can you provide us with some system specifications that can help us find the cause of the probem?

Regards, Tobias

windows xp sp2 hebrew languge computer:

P4 2.8GHZ 1MB PRESCOT C0

512MB 400MHZ

HARD DRIVE 160GB WD

MOTHERBOARD ASUS P4S800D

Geforce 5700LE 256MB

thet's all i can think of thet might help other then thet ther's nothing special about him

not to many softwere run at startup nod32 outpost and a few other softweres but nothing

serious.

Edited by aviramof

Hello...

I have the same problem.

i try to change the settings,and click on save,but when i open ad-aware again

it not save the settings.

Greetings from Australia.

I have had the same challenge since upgrading to Ad-Aware 2007 Plus. I Emailed Tech Support and the reply Email said that this would be fixed in a future update.

Yesterday, I updated Ad-Aware to version 7.0.1.3 and AdWatch now saves my settings.

Other posts to this forum have said that the same version stops the AdWatch icon from blinking but mine still does.

Try the update to 7.0.1.3 and see.

Cheers

I have Pro 7013, which I paid for to upgrade, and it does not save settings, which is damned annoying, folks. Seems to me all your beta testing should have caught something like this.

Re : Not saving setting changes

Some people have reported problems saving settting changes with AdAware (the solo , or free, version). Some of those have reported it's OK after download of update to 7.0.1.3.

The AdWatch program, which is the add-on realtime scanner that you get with Plus, doesn't have a Save settings button, and there are a lot of reports that it doesn't save changes on exit.

See link for LSoft reply :

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...ost&p=44579

Thanks for reporting your issues.

This problem has now been resolved with the updates posted here:

Software Updates

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9870

So, please use the webupdate feature to get the latest version of your Ad-Aware software.

Since this issue has been resolved, I'll move this topic to the archives "Resolved" section (read only).

Should anyone have any further issues, please feel free to post a new topic.

Sign in to follow this