Sign in to follow this  
Jebz

Error 1722 While Trying To Install Ad-aware 2007

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I'm getting this error.

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I'm using Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, this error happen after appear "cmd.exe" for less than 1 second.

I've administrator privileges, and don't really know why this happen.

Here are some screenshots of how it happens:p.

First: I start installing.

48895264pc7.jpg

Second: Appears a message.

24299684bi1.jpg

Third: Cmd.exe window open, but nothing is write there.

10251846so9.jpg

Four: The error message appears.

69535952kf1.jpg

Fifth: I press "ok" the window close and a new one appear, and the installation is canceled.

10476202xn1.jpg

I'm sorry for my English, if you don't understood something, tell me and I'll try to explain better.

Hi! I am also encountering the exact same problems as stated above when I try to install Ad-Aware 2007. I am using Windows Server 2003 SP R2 and the program will not install also. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do or a workaround for this issue? I am also using an Admin account to install the program. My system has 1 GB RAM and at least 65 GB of free HD space available

Thanks

It seems like the crash appears when the installer is trying to uninstall previous versions of the program (i.e. Ad-Aware SE). Try uninstalling Ad-Aware SE manualy and then run the Ad-Aware 2007 installer again.

Regards, Tobias

Thanks for replying but I tried uninstalling the previous version of Ad-Aware and I was unable to do this since I get an error message "could not open INSTALL.LOG file"

Any further assistance would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like the crash appears when the installer is trying to uninstall previous versions of the program (i.e. Ad-Aware SE). Try uninstalling Ad-Aware SE manualy and then run the Ad-Aware 2007 installer again.

Regards, Tobias

Regards, Tobias

Thanks for the reply. But for some reason when I try to uninstall Ad-Aware SE, I get this error: "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I'll try download Ad-aware SE somewhere, install it back and uninstall again, lets see what happen. :D

Thanks for the reply. But for some reason when I try to uninstall Ad-Aware SE, I get this error: "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file."

I'll try download Ad-aware SE somewhere, install it back and uninstall again, lets see what happen. :rolleyes:

I did that, uninstalled and then tried to install Ad-Aware 2007, but still getting the same error as before, any new suggestion? :D

- edit

Now I'll try what jeanbal wrote.

- edit2

!!! It worked. Thanks Jeanbal :rolleyes:

Edited by Jebz

Thank you for the suggestion finally got rid of it by deleting manually the program itself under Program Files and using a 3rd party application to clean out the registry of all the leftover registry entries and I was finally able to install. Thank you for the assistance and I hope that someone can get rid of the bugs in the future!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for replying but I tried uninstalling the previous version of Ad-Aware and I was unable to do this since I get an error message "could not open INSTALL.LOG file"

Any further assistance would be much appreciated

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the suggestion finally got rid of it by deleting manually the program itself under Program Files and using a 3rd party application to clean out the registry of all the leftover registry entries and I was finally able to install. Thank you for the assistance and I hope that someone can get rid of the bugs in the future!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks ! I found the solution IT WORKS FOR ME !

:blush: regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll

Go to Start -> Run, type the following command and hit Enter..."DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded."..then there you gO!

Edited by frey

i had the same problem as in error 1722, what would be interesting to know is if everyone who as posted here with the problem of not being able to install ad-aware 2007 was using ad-aware se beforehand? i suspect everyone, also how many uninstalled their old version using the uninstaller provided with the original program? again i suspect all. anyway i managed to sort it out and install ad-aware 2007, the way it worked for me is this i first of all reinstalled ad-aware se then i uninstalled it using add/remove in windows control panel, then i checked my hard drive for any folders named lavasoft or ad-aware and deleted all i found then using regedit i searched the registry for keys with lavasoft or ad-aware in the name and deleted them, finally i downloaded ad-aware 2007 and enjoyed a trouble free instalation. sorry if you find this confusing but it worked for me and hopefully will for you too, give it a try it might just surprise you. polygon

This is a (now) old topic and the problem has been resolved. For directions on how to fix the error 1722 see this FAQ:

How do I resolve the "Error 1722" problem?

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php#13

I'm moving this topic to the "resolved" section (read only).

For anyone having similar issues please follow the directions in the link above.

Sign in to follow this