Sign in to follow this  
bliss007

Major Bugs In New Ad-watch 2007

I just 24 hours ago paid for LavaSoft Ad-Aware 2007 V 7.0 final, I'm not sure how this APP even got out of beta as its so buggy as AdWatch is unusable.

Intalled fine and registered fine and did 1st scan, all was clean, then I started AdWatch and set it to it starts with Windows XP-SP2 and starts Mininized, try to shut down PC and get bubble asking if I am sure I want to close AdWatch so I say NO, PC sits for 10mins so I cancel and try again this time saying YES, PC reboots and AdWatch does not start with Windows, I run it manually and check settings and they are all reset it can not keep memory of settings.

I then try to use the PC as normal with AdWatch running, I open IE7 and my homepage starts to hang, I notice 100% CPU use from AdWatch, I cant even use the WEB till I kill AdWatch and then pages load as normal.

I just 24 hours ago paid for LavaSoft Ad-Aware 2007 V 7.0 final, I'm not sure how this APP even got out of beta as its so buggy as AdWatch is unusable.

Intalled fine and registered fine and did 1st scan, all was clean, then I started AdWatch and set it to it starts with Windows XP-SP2 and starts Mininized, try to shut down PC and get bubble asking if I am sure I want to close AdWatch so I say NO, PC sits for 10mins so I cancel and try again this time saying YES, PC reboots and AdWatch does not start with Windows, I run it manually and check settings and they are all reset it can not keep memory of settings.

I then try to use the PC as normal with AdWatch running, I open IE7 and my homepage starts to hang, I notice 100% CPU use from AdWatch, I cant even use the WEB till I kill AdWatch and then pages load as normal.

I get the same error. I am ready to cancel this program and get my money back. poo rquality to rlease a program that has this problem.

1. I get a similar problem. With Ad-Watch running a typical web page takes 30 - 60 seconds to load compoletely with Ad-Watch hogging most of the CPU time for much of this. The same pages load in around 10 seconds without Ad-Watch. (My friend can download a web page that takes 40 seconds on my PC with Ad-Watch running in 20 seconds over a dial-up connection.

Congratualtions, you have made my high-speed internet access useless! This is WAY too high a price to pay for security.

2. Is there any way to clear out the logs for Ad-Watch? It is now showing over 500 Registry hits and I would really like to

clear it out.

While AAW runs pretty good, Ad-Watch is useless to me and I feel that I have paid for the Pro version needlessly.

I am running Ad-Watch Pro under Windows XP SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2007.

1. I get a similar problem. With Ad-Watch running a typical web page takes 30 - 60 seconds to load compoletely with Ad-Watch hogging most of the CPU time for much of this. The same pages load in around 10 seconds without Ad-Watch. (My friend can download a web page that takes 40 seconds on my PC with Ad-Watch running in 20 seconds over a dial-up connection.

Congratualtions, you have made my high-speed internet access useless! This is WAY too high a price to pay for security.

2. Is there any way to clear out the logs for Ad-Watch? It is now showing over 500 Registry hits and I would really like to

clear it out.

While AAW runs pretty good, Ad-Watch is useless to me and I feel that I have paid for the Pro version needlessly.

I am running Ad-Watch Pro under Windows XP SP2 and Norton Internet Security 2007.

Your first problem is obviously some sort of glitch. Could you try and turn parts of Ad-Watch (e.g. Connect) to help locate which part causes the problem.

We will add the possibility to clear the Ad-Watch log in the next update.

Regards, Tobias

Your first problem is obviously some sort of glitch. Could you try and turn parts of Ad-Watch (e.g. Connect) to help locate which part causes the problem.

We will add the possibility to clear the Ad-Watch log in the next update.

Regards, Tobias

Correct the first time! It appears to be the "Connect" function that is causing the problem. I'm running Ad Watch again with that turned off.

Nelson

Correct the first time! It appears to be the "Connect" function that is causing the problem. I'm running Ad Watch again with that turned off.

Nelson

Great! I will report the bug.

Regards, Tobias

Thats helps slightly, it still takes ages to load a site on my 20meg connection while AdWatch flashes away, I told it not to clean up internet files etc as I do that manually 1x per day with CCleaner, why would I want them gone everytime I close browser I need to see where I have psoted in what threads etc, AdWatch tried to be a PopUp Stopper last time and that was bad enough you had to turn that function off.

I still get 100% CPU and pages although faster with connect off but do not load as fast as without AdWatch or with older version 6.0, I also still cant get it to run startup and be minimised, now I obv could add it to start up manually but rather it was done the way Lavasoft intended.

Basically I was happy on 6.0, I knew 7.0 was buggy in beta but this should never have came out of beta like this, I now ahve no real time protection as AdWatch is unusable in current state.

It helps to turn off the Connect function in Ad Watch then things load normally. Now there seems to be another small problem: Each time I re-boot Ad Watch comes up configured with the Connect function active again. It's kinda annoying to try and remember to turn it off first thing before I connect to the Internet.

Nelson Highley

Hi, alot of these early "bugs" have been fixed in updates to the program now.

See here for a list of bug fixes:

Software Updates

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9870

Please update your software using the webupdate to the latest version (currently 7.0.1.6 at this date) and most of these should be resolved.

Also, we have many of the most common problems addressed with solutions in this FAQ page :)

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php

Since this topic is now out of date information and no activity in quite a while, I'm moving this to the "resolved/inactive" section (read only). If your particular problem is not resolved or if you should have any further issues, please feel free to start a new topic.

Sign in to follow this