Sign in to follow this  
tbassuva

Ad-aware 2007 Plus And Pro Updates

If you have a valid license for an Ad-Aware SE product, you are eligible to update to the Ad-Aware 2007 version completely free of charge.

Customers with an existing Ad-Aware SE license will be able to update their software through the Lavasoft Support Center shortly after the release, beginning June 18th.

We apologize for this delay, which is due to a glitch in the license system.

So if my current 'free-upgrade' license expires between now and June 18th, will I still be able to upgrade for free at that point? If so, when is the cut-off date for the free upgrade considering the glitch?

If something as simple as a date for those that get a free upgrade got messed up, as well not fixed, I can't wait to see how many other problems arise.

Those who purchase now get it right away, those that purchased in the past --too bad you got to wait because we couldn't be bothered to fix the date 'glitch' for you.

I have always been a supporter in the past but this is inexcusable.

(IMHO)

EDIT--after checking out the problems in the various threads here, I am not so anxious to get this installed right away--the services always running will make me reconsider it's use. I really don't want services I don't need running in the background after I shut the program down, (holy crap isn't that what some malware ,STARFORCE ect do????). Thanks goodness I have UTILS to turn this stuff off before I get into some heavy online gaming.

Edited by Rincewind

OK .... I'll be back on the 18th. :D

Will you be sending out reminders to your licensees :D

I recieved this e-mail and I was unpleasantly surprised by this. I thought everyone who had a paid license got a free upgrade. I don't even remember when exactly I paid but I didn't know that it mattered anyway. Maybe no big deal for a while anyway? :lol:

IMPORTANT: Our records show that your Lavasoft

Ad-Aware SE Plus software was purchased prior to June 7, 2005. Please note that Lavasoft will not issue new Definitions File updates or provide technical support after December 31, 2007 for Ad-Aware SE Plus.

Ad-Aware 2007 Plus is Lavasoft's answer to the rapidly changing threat landscape in today's cyber world. With a fully redesigned architecture allowing greater program flexibility and improved malware detection, Ad-Aware 2007 Plus sets the standard for fighting the next generation of malware and spyware threats.

Update your subscription of Ad-Aware before December 31, 2007 and receive an exclusive 40% discount off the

Ad-Aware 2007 Plus launch price - only $16.50* for 12 months of powerful real-time protection.

Upgrade cost - special offer (VERY special !!!)

Actually all this stuff about the upgrade, free or for $16.50, is all [email protected]

As far as I am aware, my AW6SE licence was still valid for a while yet (can't check now as install for AW2007 deletes all AW6SE info).

But I got the email/newsletter thingy saying the upgrade to AW2007 was only $16.50 for existing AW6SE paying customers.

I was happy to upgrade even if I had to pay because I wanted to get away from AW6SE and its problem with trashing the Windows registry (the lnk/exe file association wipeout problem).

But following the links given, I had to pay £18.50 ($36.00 ish) to download the upgrade.

I was a bit miffed at this, but like I say I was happy to pay because I liked AW6SE apart from the built-in registry trashing feature. OK, I know, I am a naive and trusting soul, but there you go.

Of course the Special Offer email/newsletter thingy didn't mention that AW2007 was only half finished.

If LSoft can't release a new product, after presumably internal testing and external beta tests, without spotting major omissions and problems, then I am now wondering how long it may take for all the fixes to be rolled out.

During which time, I don't know if my PC is properly protected or not - I no longer have AW6SE and AW2007 seems iffy at best.

So, I have downloaded a trial version of Webroot Spy Sweeper to see how that goes.

If it looks OK after a week or so, then I will purchase the full version of that instead and remove AW2007.

By the way, LSoft, you can keep the $36 - have a beer on me !

Here is the reply I received in regards to the free upgrade:

"We will be giving people a free upgrade if they had a valid license until the 7th [June 7th, 2007], so there is no need to worry. However you need to understand that [if] you have between 0-3 months left on your current license then you will only receive a 3 month license and you will need to renew your license when it expires."

Worst Customer Service Ever?

I have emailed Lavasoft and Element 5 for a week now about an upgrade. I have been told about June 18th but not how I get the upgrade then. And I have been told I can get the upgrade to adaware pro 2007 with my serial number now. I do not see a serial number in any of the email sent to me from Lava Soft or Element 5. I can not find the serial number in my invoice/bill. And of course the program Adaware 2006 has not place to findf it. I wrote both Lavasoft and Element 5 with this info 2 days ago. Still no response. Is Lavasoft trying to win the worst customer service ever award? I use to reccomend thier products to everyone I know. After my experience and reading the post on here Im not sure I can recomend them to anyone anymore. I guess we will see June 18th what happens...

HMMM?Since I was one of the early purchasers of Ad-aware(no expiration date), I believe I am entitled to unrestricted lifetime upgrades without any restrictions or future costs.

HMMM?Since I was one of the early purchasers of Ad-aware(no expiration date), I believe I am entitled to unrestricted lifetime upgrades without any restrictions or future costs.

I am in exactly the same position but at present it appears that I no longer have access to the support site - already raised as a problem in the SE forum - I wonder if all us existing unlimited license holders are getting the plug pulled.

Re:

I am in exactly the same position but at present it appears that I no longer have access to the support site - already raised as a problem in the SE forum - I wonder if all us existing unlimited license holders are getting the plug pulled.

Rincewind & Oldjim,

I've been a licensed Ad-Aware PLUS user since December 2000. I received FREE upgrades to subsequent versions (notably v5 and v6/SE PLUS) and was never asked to "renew" what originally was expressly implied to be "a lifetime of upgrades" license (and I have kept copies of ALL email exchanges, along the way, as each subsequent UPGRADE took effect). But I suppose, as with all things in this earthly life... ALL GOOD THINGS eventually come to an end... as it definitely appears that "defs.ref" support for Ad-Aware SE PLUS will be ending in December 2007. I can certainly understand Lavasoft's need to make money (development and support for such products as "Ad-Aware" usually are NOT a "free" endeavor... as I realize that there are REAL COSTS involved).

I can NOT log into the "support center" -- since there apparently is NO RECORD of my "lifetime license" ... and I reckon that means I'll not be upgrading to Ad-Aware 2007 PLUS. In fact; I'll not even be upgrading to the "free" version of Ad-Aware 2007. I use several anti-malware products, and have always promoted "Ad-Aware" alongside those (on my "Spyware Detectors and Removers" page).

I'm not bitter; after all (come December 2007) I will have been using the licensed PLUS version, for SEVEN YEARS... and at the original registration fee... I call that a real bargain. But, alas, after SEVEN YEARS... I'll have to PULL "Ad-Aware" from my page... because I would rather NOT maintain "outdated" information/products thereon.

And so, with this post/reply... I reckon I'll just say "so long" to Lavasoft's Ad-Aware... it's been "real" (now I'm off to do a re-write of my page -- it's very likely that page will reflect the changes, as discussed here, by July 2007).

Good luck, and best regards to the rest of you... peace-out,

Karl

Hello All,

I've been a licensed Ad-Aware PLUS user since December 2000. I received FREE upgrades to subsequent versions (notably v5 and v6/SE PLUS) and was never asked to "renew" what originally was expressly implied to be "a lifetime of upgrades" license (and I have kept copies of ALL email exchanges, along the way, as each subsequent UPGRADE took effect).

To those who purchased when Lavasoft was using its previous business model (ie: free upgrades for the life of the product), contact the Support Center with proof of your purchase date and details - I did last year (I purchased in 2001), and my license was reinstated. Took a bit of to-and-fro emails and thankfully, I print out all my purchase emails :unsure:

For those with annually-renewable licenses under the current LS business model, the upgrade procedure details are listed here by LS CalamityJane: Ad-aware 2007 Plus And Pro Updates, Details on updating your software

To check the status of your license, log-in to the Support Center. If it has expired, it can be renewed through the Customer E-store (click on the image to see full size):

AAW_SE_License_Renewal_Page.gif

Regards,

Spike

I purchased same. Wondering if they will live up to that?? Probably not.

Hi Catman51,

I purchased same. Wondering if they will live up to that?? Probably not

As per my post above, it took some time and effort but they did reinstate my license:

To those who purchased when Lavasoft was using its previous business model (ie: free upgrades for the life of the product), contact the Support Center with proof of your purchase date and details - I did last year (I purchased in 2001), and my license was reinstated. Took a bit of to-and-fro emails and thankfully, I print out all my purchase emails

For those who purchased on-line but who have lost/not retained your originalpurchase information, log into the element5 Customer Care Center?

This is a copy of my original element5 invoice from 10-2001, which I used to get LS Support to reinstate my license (along with copies of the various purchase-process pages) - click on the image to view full size:

Ad_Aware_Original_Purchase_10_2001.gif

Good luck - post back if you strike any problems with LS Support.

Regards,

Spike

I still can't download my Ad-Aware 2007 Plus, even though I have a valid Ad-Aware SE Plus license until August 31 2007.

post-24524-1182199932.jpg

I bought the "new" 2007 plus. It doesn't work. Can't connect to server, won't download def. files. won't scan, or do anything but give error messages. I'm not sure I am in the right area to post THIS message. Is there a support forum for 2007, so i can see what these error messages mean?

I just wish people would release new software that is ready to use. HELP! Hello, are you in there??

Al Streicher :angry:

Hi weetoots,

I bought the "new" 2007 plus. It doesn't work. Can't connect to server, won't download def. files. won't scan, or do anything but give error messages. I'm not sure I am in the right area to post THIS message. Is there a support forum for 2007, so i can see what these error messages mean?

I just wish people would release new software that is ready to use. HELP! Hello, are you in there??

If you check back tnrough the posts in this section of the forum, you may find answers to your questions.

Alternatively, as a licensed AAW 2007 user, you are entitled to paid support though the Lavasoft Support Center - log in using your email address and the password created during the purchase process. I would suggest contacting Technical Support for advice.

Regards,

Spike

NB: An afterthought - are you using Vista?

If so, AAW 2007 is not yet officially Vista-compliant. Please see this Topic: Ad-aware 2007 Error After Scan, Error

It covers errors when using Vista.

Hi taffyaussie,

The upgrade to to the new Ad-Aware 2007 Plus & Pro was meant to be available from 18th June.

Perhaps the delay could have something to do with the new warning message on the Support Centre Log-In page:

AAW_LS_Support_Centre_Log_In___warning.gif

Regards,

Spike

I was wondering that myself spike, hope this all gets sorted out soon.

I noticed they said that you could download either from the support center or via email, I just hope that if they do email they will post the registration serial number etc.

Thanks for your reply.

I just noticed on the support center page they have now changed the information, that exisiting licenses will be able to download on the 21st June not the 18th as before.

Hi taffyaussie,

I'm looking forward to trying out Plus, which is the product that I have used sine 2001, in its many incarnations :) (This is an evaluation copy of Pro...)

Regards,

Spike

Hi taffyaussie,

I'm looking forward to trying out Plus, which is the product that I have used sine 2001, in its many incarnations :) (This is an evaluation copy of Pro...)

Regards,

Spike

Spike, I have a valid license for Ad-Aware SE Plus until August 31 2007 but the system won't let me download it anymore... and now they posponed the upgrade to Ad-Aware 2007 Plus until June 21st

post-24524-1182294537.jpg

post-24524-1182294576.jpg

Edited by Korab

Sign in to follow this