Sign in to follow this  
tbassuva

Ad-aware 2007 Plus And Pro Updates

Tobias, i cann't download my product from the Support Center because it says that I don't have a valid license for it

Tobias, i cann't download my product from the Support Center because it says that I don't have a valid license for it

No, I realize that and I was suggesting that you contact customer support since you apparently do have a valid license.

Regards, Tobias

I send a request to them yesterday, but no one has answered my request. I sent a request to them before June 18th also, but no answer...

I just spent $94.88 USD for the new AdAware Pro 2007 and firewall for a 1 year extension thru element 5. As I attemped to install the products the Start button disapeared! Looks like a hack job to me. Have not been able to register and make the 2007 version start. It will not accept the serial numbers (why 2?) in any combination. Have restored XP to a previous date but still lost some settings.

I will give them a few days before cancelling the upgrades as I cancelled the latest Uniblu offering when removing start up items caused some to try to be configured on later boot ups plus printer problems. Looks like MS has made a monster that only the extreme hackers can tame! Linux may be the future answer.

On Friday I wrote to technical support and, luckily, I got an answer back yesterday. I asked them:

When can I download the 2007 version of Ad-Aware 2007 Plus; on the website, the information says that I can download the "Ad-Aware 2007 Plus" from June 18th (now the 21st) if I have a valid license for my product (which I do for the Ad-Aware SE Plus until August 31 2007)...when will this be fixed?

and their response was:

Hello

Unfortunately the migration of current SE licenses to 2007 licenses has been delayed. The upgrade will be available as soon as possible*,* when you will either have received an email or be able to log on and upgrade from the Support Center.

Kind regards

Daniel, Lavasoft

Now Lavasoft is saying:

Customers with an existing Ad-Aware SE license will be able to update their software to Ad-Aware 2007 through the Support Center. We are currently in the process of transferring valid Ad-Aware SE licenses to our new licensing system, and will have the Ad-Aware 2007 update available shortly.

How much longer do we have to wait??? :)

as above !!! ;-( wtf ?.

come on lavasoft 2007 as been out for a few weeks now but us old customers who got ad-ware pro years ago should not be waiting this long !!!!.

mine is saying in the upgrade part =

Upgrade not possible. Your order may not have been processed through element 5, or it does not entitle you to a free upgrade. Please verify your data and try again.

??

i got the ad-ware in 2004-08-25 01:01:01 License expiration date 2005-08-25 00:00:00 BUT

i have renewed it in = Purchase date 2007-05-26 01:01:01 so the License expiration date is 2008-05-26 01:01:01 License time 12 months ;-).

so come on lavasoft i want 2007 pro upgrade for free now !!!.

This is just plain crazy, why can't they get there acts together. First the 18th, then the 21st and now no date just shortly!!!

Do they just want us to go out and buy a new license altogther just to make some more money or what?

Personally I am getting a bit jacked of all of this. JUST GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER AND STICK TO IT!!

Taffy, the txt has changed again now they at least say licenses will be extended due to delay so thats good news but maybe we're lucky on this. I'd much rather give LS a bit more time to find and fix some of the issues than rushing it onto my system and be one of those posting "It wrecked/wiped my system". For now 6 works just fine for me and does what I want till the get things straightened out.

I e-mailed my concerns as well as my original element 5 invoice (April/02) I know I am entitled to free lifetime, but I am still awaiting an answer.

I e-mailed my concerns as well as my original element 5 invoice (April/02) I know I am entitled to free lifetime, but I am still awaiting an answer.

I am still waiting, no answer or reply. It really bothers me that I can't even log in to support since my info doesn't exist or the e-mail address when I purchased.

Any news on when requests for updating missing/lost accounts will dealt with??

Edited by Rincewind

No, I realize that and I was suggesting that you contact customer support since you apparently do have a valid license.

Regards, Tobias

You were replying to someone else, but I have done as you suggested (June 27) and have yet to be contacted with a solution.

I know the e-mail was received since I was sent a form letter response.

Any idea on the time lines other than "it may take some time for us to process and address your request."

Thanks.

As posted elsewhere in these forums I purchased ad-aware plus in 2001 (Sunday, July22, 2001 9:45 AM) to be precise which is taken from the email received from element5.com. There is no order number but there is a reference number which is not recognized by lavasoft or element 5. My email address is not recongized by lavasoft, even though I receive their newsletter. I had to get a new user name and password just to get back on these forums. Come on lavasoft. I am eligible for lifetime upgrades to your product. Get off your duffs and answer some of the questions on these forums. The least you can do is send an email to your customers and tell them what is going on. You are losing customers by the train load by remaining mum. You are already being bad mouthed all over the internet and you are only making things worse by your silence.

Sign in to follow this