Sign in to follow this  
gersonoliveira

I Cant To Install, Show The Message: Error 1920

I can´t to install the ad-aware 2007. In the end show the message: error 1920, Service "Ad-Aware 2007 Service", failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. But I'm log in like Administrator. What I should to do? help me.

Gerson

post-65-1182270794.gif

Edited by LS CalamityJane
resized screenshot as a gif rather than a bmp

Hi gerson,

Looking at your screenshot, particularly the windows logo in the bottom left corner, it appears you are using Vista.

Ad-Aware 2007 is not yet compatible with the Vista Operating System.

See this announcement linked below:

Vista Compatible?

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=8684

Its not a vista issue ( or not just ), I am Running XP and had the exact same problem

I had a vista transformation pack "GShell Pack 1.6 Beta" installed. After uninstalling it i was able to fix it

Edited by eagleholden

Hi gerson,

Looking at your screenshot, particularly the windows logo in the bottom left corner, it appears you are using Vista.

Ad-Aware 2007 is not yet compatible with the Vista Operating System.

See this announcement linked below:

Vista Compatible?

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=8684

Thank you for replay. No, I"m using transformation Pack 1.6. There is a incompatibility?

Thank you for replay. No, I"m using transformation Pack 1.6. There is a incompatibility?

Are you using Windows 2000 or XP. The 1920 error from the installer seems to occur frequently on Windows 2000, since the Service don't get sufficient rights to start.

Here is a something you could try:

Run the installation until you encounter the error message, then:

1. On the start menu, select 'Run...' and type in services.msc

2. In the services window, find 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service'

3. Go to the Log on tab

4. Check the 'Allow service to interact with desktop' box

5. Go back to the installation and click 'Retry'

Regards, Tobias

I am getting the same error: Service "Ad-Aware 2007 Service", failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. Don't remember the error code but its the same message. I have a brand new HDD running XP sp2 and this is the only program i am unable to fully install, free or paid.

Please help, i really like your program but its slipping in my opinion. Will there be an update soon?

Dustin

I am getting the same error: Service "Ad-Aware 2007 Service", failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. Don't remember the error code but its the same message. I have a brand new HDD running XP sp2 and this is the only program i am unable to fully install, free or paid.

Please help, i really like your program but its slipping in my opinion. Will there be an update soon?

Dustin

am also getting error 1920 on XP. I tried following the suggestion of launching the service, but it was not listed in the services list. Any other ideas any one???

george

am also getting error 1920 on XP. I tried following the suggestion of launching the service, but it was not listed in the services list. Any other ideas any one???

george

I am using XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 and can't install Ad-Aware 2007 free version. I get error 1920 too. I tried the service fix, but had same problem, no Ad-Aware 2007 Service in list.

Edited by Greg9072

Are you using Windows 2000 or XP. The 1920 error from the installer seems to occur frequently on Windows 2000, since the Service don't get sufficient rights to start.

Here is a something you could try:

Run the installation until you encounter the error message, then:

1. On the start menu, select 'Run...' and type in services.msc

2. In the services window, find 'Ad-Aware 2007 Service'

3. Go to the Log on tab

4. Check the 'Allow service to interact with desktop' box

5. Go back to the installation and click 'Retry'

Regards, Tobias

OK, I did uninstall my softwareb transformation Pack 6.0 and I can to install. Thank you for all!

OBS: Whit the Transformation Pack I too can't to download update Windows Defender.

Sign in to follow this