Sign in to follow this  
jimandi

Aware 2007 Causes Computer To Reboot

Have been running Adaware SE1.06 (Free) with no problems, so willingly upgraded to Adaware 2007 (Free). Had no problems installing but when running, each time (twice) it got towards GUID scan (about 3 minutes) it caused the computer to reboot. I tried again only using a smart scan and the same thing happened in the same place. For the moment I have uninstalled and reverted to the earlier version. Can someone help please?

Am running Windows XP SP2, IE7 & McAfee

Have been running Adaware SE1.06 (Free) with no problems, so willingly upgraded to Adaware 2007 (Free). Had no problems installing but when running, each time (twice) it got towards GUID scan (about 3 minutes) it caused the computer to reboot. I tried again only using a smart scan and the same thing happened in the same place. For the moment I have uninstalled and reverted to the earlier version. Can someone help please?

Am running Windows XP SP2, IE7 & McAfee

jimandi,

did you receive any form of error message before the computer restarted?

this may help to understand the problem better....

I am getting the same issue, but I've disabled automatic restart after failure, and am getting blue screen stop errors such as page fault in non paged area when it gets to the GUI portion of the scan. This has occurred in normal and safe mode of XP. I still have to try running it in command prompt yet, but not sure if the free version supports it.

I'm get the same error. First time I installed the program everything works fine (apparently) and reports one Hijack "Freeserials" but can't remove the entry and report to do this in next boot-up. I reboot the computer and when I try to do a new scan the computer reboot, the windows restart and reports a register repair and everything goes fine until I attempt to use the Ad-Aware 2007 again, the system reboot and all the above happens again. What I can do to avoid this problem?

I am getting the same issue, but I've disabled automatic restart after failure, and am getting blue screen stop errors such as page fault in non paged area when it gets to the GUI portion of the scan. This has occurred in normal and safe mode of XP. I still have to try running it in command prompt yet, but not sure if the free version supports it.

What other software are you running on your machine?

Regards, Tobias

I'm having the same problem: Always had Ad-Aware SE 1.06. No problems with it. Installed the Free Ad-Aware 2007. Installation went good. Started a full scan and as soon as it reached the part of "Preparing the GUID" I got instantaneously a black screen and the computer was re-booting.

When restarting I get a message " Please tell Microsoft about this problem" with a log.

A description of the log:

Error signatue

BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 0073003A BCP3 B0D34CF0

BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product 256_1

with technical information (that will be included with the report):

C:\DOCUME~1\USER-B~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf724.dir00\Mini061707-04.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\USER-B~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf724.dir00\sysdata.xml

A second time the same, then a smart scan: the same.

I then decided to do a full scan with Norman Virus Control, but no viruses, trojans etc detected.

I then sent the report to Microsoft. They return message that there is a Win32/Rustosk.gen!C virus. While googling that there are several other names: Win32/Vxidl.B or Troj/Dorf-Fam or Trojan.Peacomm or TROJ_SMALL.EDW

Further: this trojan is known as Storm Worm (Jan 2007). But Norman didn't detect this trojan.

They suggest Windows Live OneCare (anti-virus/spyware) to detect and get rid of this trojan. So said, so done. It did find a virus: TrojanClicker: Win32/Costrat which it removed.

Now a new scan with Ad-Aware: same problem: while 'Preparing GUID scan' black screen and then rebooting.

But this time when I start Ad-Aware I now get a message "Scanner Error 5001. Description: can't start Smart Scan, scanner is busy!"

Which programs do I use?

Well: Windows XP SP2

Anti Virus: Norman 5.9

Browsers: Firefox 2, IE7, Netscape and Opera

Web Development: PHPDEV, NVU, Notepad++, Flash 5

Other development tools: Visual Studio 6.0, Borland Builder 6.0, Sun Java with Beans 1.6, Python

Drawing: CorelDraw 12, PhotoShop 6.0, PaintShop 5 and 10 Pro, Picasa 2

3D: Milkshape, Blender

Photo's: Canon ZoomBrowser EX

Sound: iTunes, RealPlayer, Nero 6.0, Audiograbber with Lame

Office: MS Office, Adobe Reader 7

Games: UT, UnRealEd, NWN, Tomb Raider, Game Maker

Other progs: WinZip, WinRAR, BitTorrent, XFire, HP Connectivit Kit (conn with calculator), Norton Ghost.

One last thing: I do use Knoppix 3.2 (bootable from CD) once in a while.

I still haven't had a decent scan from Ad-Aware 2007.

I hope you'll be able to help

Bartje

I bought Ad-Aware 2007 Plus on 7th June and installed on my Windows XP Pro system. Ever since my PC blue screens every few hours. I removed Ad-Aware 2007 Plus and the blue screens stopped occuring, and the PC ran for hours without any problems. I then re-installed Ad-Aware 2007 Plus again. Lo and behold, blue screening again every few hours!!!

I've now removed the product from my PC, and feel I've been sold a dud :)

I used to run the previous SE version without any problems.

How do I go about getting a refund please?

Sign in to follow this