Sign in to follow this  
bramweiser

Updating Se Free To 2007 Free

Hello,

I have Ad-Aware SE Free and would like to update/upgrade it to the new Ad-Aware 2007 Free.

However, when I try to "Check for Updates" from inside SE, all I get are DAT file updates, and nothing about 2007.

Is there a way to make the update to 2007 happen cleanly? Do I just download and install it myself and, if so, what happens to SE (Is it over-written? Do I need to remove it whether via the Start Menu or Add/Remove Programs?)

Please advise as to how to do this cleanly and effectively...and, hopefully, to also maintain my settings from SE.

Thanks so much,

Bram

Download 2007 from download.com for example, uninstall SE and then install 2007. :-)

Some time ago I purchased AdAware SE Pro, and I see there's an upgrade available. From the information on the web site I'm uncertain if I need to pay or fee, or this update is free. It seems I saw somewhere this upgrade is free to SE users.

Any information on how to upgrade to AdAware SE Pro 2007?

Thanks

Terry

Hi AA9MM,

Log into the Lavasoft Support Center using the email address and password created during the purchase process.

Check your License status - if it has expired you will have to renew it (not a large amount) - then you may download your version of Ad-Aware 2007.

NB: Customers with an existing Ad-Aware SE license will be able to update their software to Ad-Aware 2007 through the Support Center beginning June 18.

Please uninstall Ad-Aware SE 1.06 before installing Ad-Aware 2007.

Regards,

Spike

Hi AA9MM,

Log into the Lavasoft Support Center using the email address and password created during the purchase process.

Check your License status - if it has expired you will have to renew it (not a large amount) - then you may download your version of Ad-Aware 2007.

NB: Customers with an existing Ad-Aware SE license will be able to update their software to Ad-Aware 2007 through the Support Center beginning June 18.

Regards,

Spike

So, SE must be uninstalled first, the new version can be downloaded/installed now, and it doesn't overwrite, thus losing all of the settings? Is that correct?

If so, then how does that jibe with the "NB:" note, above? Does that apply to SE Free as well? Please clarify, and thanks.

Bram

Hi Bram,

and it doesn't overwrite, thus losing all of the settings? Is that correct?

AAW 2007 has been written from scratch, so the various settings are not the same as AAW SE.

The free version is available now from the link here: Ad-Aware 2007 Free

As I posted above, licensed users (the Plus & Pro versions) will be able to download their product via the Support Center from 18 June onwards.

Regards,

Spike

Hi Bram,

AAW 2007 has been written from scratch, so the various settings are not the same as AAW SE.

The free version is available now from the link here: Ad-Aware 2007 Free

As I posted above, licensed users (the Plus & Pro versions) will be able to download their product via the Support Center from 18 June onwards.

Regards,

Spike

Dear Spike,

Thanks. So, a-downloading, deleting and installing we shall go? Lovely...

Thanks for your advice and counsel. :P

Bram

P.S. How many people tell you they know your avatar is tied in to the New Zealand "All Blacks" Rugby team, a world power known for, among other things, the group chant (haka) they do before each match? ;)

Hi Bram,

Just here to help :D

Regards,

Spike

PS: You are the first to actually comment on my avatar. The Silver Fern is used not only by the All Blacks but by many other NZ sports teams - and it is not just associated with sports, but is one of the most recognizable emblems of New Zealand.

May have found why the Ad-Aware 2007 Free is not working properly. I had uninstalled the SE version last week and downloaded the Ad-Aware 2007 Free version. Must not have "activated" when it downloaded so it is not finding anything wrong when I run it like the older version did. Is this the cause of the problem that others are having also?

Hi AA9MM,

Regards,

Spike

Sign in to follow this