Sign in to follow this  
lee8888

Tobias, The Presentation Problem In The Scan Summary

After running a scan, I will get scan results for both tracking cookies and MRU. So far, just "privacy objects" under 'infections.' I will check just the 'tracking' box and remove them. Then when I click 'finish,' the Scan Summary comes up and gives the "number of infections" found under Privacy Objects, for example 140. But for "infections deleted" it will say 52. Or another time, 25 infections found and 3 deleted. The number of infections deleted are never the same as the number of infections found, usually much less. And these aren't including MRU items, just all tracking cookie 'infections.' Right after that I will run another scan and 0 infections are found, so they were actually all deleted. Is this a bug with the counter? If not, why aren't all the infections deleted the first time?

Did you ever stop to think that you would not need a whole, special section for "RANTS" if you had not released this thing before it was ready???

Hi, can Tobias or anyone help? I had the thing where in the scan results, not all things detected were being reported as deleted. But now, it is much worse--after running many scans, each one comes up as showing nothing at all detected, 0. Not one tracking cookie or even MRU is being detected. So of course I can not remove or delete anything if it shows nothing found, which means anything and everything is getting through...

If Tobias can just acknowledge this so I know they are aware of this and are working on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, can Tobias or anyone help? I had the thing where in the scan results, not all things detected were being reported as deleted. But now, it is much worse--after running many scans, each one comes up as showing nothing at all detected, 0. Not one tracking cookie or even MRU is being detected. So of course I can not remove or delete anything if it shows nothing found, which means anything and everything is getting through...

If Tobias can just acknowledge this so I know they are aware of this and are working on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is this the case even when you in fact know that you have cookies MRUs?

Also, please provide some system specifications.

Regards, Tobias

Is this the case even when you in fact know that you have cookies MRUs?

Also, please provide some system specifications.

Regards, Tobias

YES, this is the case even when I know that I do have cookies/MRU's. It was finding lots but now, nothing at all, not picking up anything. I use Windows XP/IE 7.0 as browser.

YES, this is the case even when I know that I do have cookies/MRU's. It was finding lots, but now not picking up anything at all and settings are the same. I use Windows XP/IE 7.0 as browser.

Just wanted to say I have similar results. With old SE version, it found at least 20 to 30 things daily. Now I find either none or one or two. Something doesn't seem to be working correctly on the FREE version.

YES, this is the case even when I know that I do have cookies/MRU's. It was finding lots, but now not picking up anything at all and settings are the same. I use Windows XP/IE 7.0 as browser.

I am having the same problem. I also know that I do have cookies which it is not finding.I use Windows XP. IE 7.0 as a browser.

Just wanted to say I have similar results. With old SE version, it found at least 20 to 30 things daily. Now I find either none or one or two. Something doesn't seem to be working correctly on the FREE version.

The Plus version is having the same issue. Is Ad-Watch deleting infections as my system encounters them?

The Plus version is having the same issue. Is Ad-Watch deleting infections as my system encounters them?

Yes, if you run Ad-Watch it should block all malicious processes that tries to start on your computer and block all malicious Cookies.

However, since yesterday's update some freeware users are reporting that Ad-Aware does not find Privacy objects (IE cookies and MRUs) anymore and we are investigating what may cause this, since we have not been able to reproduce these errors.

Regards, Tobias

Just curious, is anyone with the free Aaw 2007 version able to do scans that find tracking cookies or using this thing without any problems?

Just curious, is anyone with the free Aaw 2007 version able to do scans that find tracking cookies or using this thing without any problems?

other than the false positive from yesterday, i haven't had too many problems with it SO FAR.......i did see one person post about system restore not working with it installed, but i haven't tested it yet. i still don't understand why the adaware service can't be turned off when the program isn't running.

What good is having this program if it isn't working at all? How many tracking cookies are on my computer I wonder? This problem is being ignored!

What good is having this program if it isn't working at all? How many tracking cookies are on my computer I wonder? This problem is being ignored!

We are looking at it, yes.

Regards, Tobias

Hi guys,

I personaly use Free version ... my last scan detected and deleted 56 tracking cookies ( TAI = 3 ).

Don't know what happens to you ?! :wub:

Michel

I also have the Ad-Aware 2007 Free version.

Works ok, I can detect and delete tracking cookies.

Edited by op57

I don't know what it indicates but the first day I downloaded, aaw free version found many many cookies, over 100, and mru's. The next day it stopped and for several days, nothing at all, not one cookie. Then yesterday, after many days, it found over 100 cookies again but said couldn't delete until restarted computer. Since then, back to finding nothing at all again. So it goes long periods of time, days, without finding anything, then all of a sudden it does; back and forth.

I tried the new free version with all the updates, it crashed my system. I even tried it in the safe mode and it did the same theng. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all the updares. I get several errors from Windows reporting when I reboot one dis a device driver conflict, another is that the error file is corrupted. When I tried to uninstall this program it comes back that it is not installed so I reinstalled it and tried it again - same crash. I have gone back to the previous free version which works without any problems.

I had the SE free version and did not remove it before downloading the aaw 2007 free version. Would that cause problems, like not finding cookies, and to all you techies, ya think uninstalling/reinstalling would make a difference??

Hi lee88.

I had the SE free version and did not remove it before downloading the aaw 2007 free version. Would that cause problems, like not finding cookies, and to all you techies, ya think uninstalling/reinstalling would make a difference??

I'm not sure uninstalling it would help the problem of not finding anything. But, you should have uninstalled the old version before installing Ad-Aware 2007. I would uninstall then reinstall Ad-Aware 2007, however I don't think that will solve the problem of not finding any cookies.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Hi lee88.

I'm not sure uninstalling it would help the problem of not finding anything. But, you should have uninstalled the old version before installing Ad-Aware 2007. I would uninstall then reinstall Ad-Aware 2007, however I don't think that will solve the problem of not finding any cookies.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Thanks you were right, I uninstalled/reinstalled and it made no difference; I was at many sites and still no tracking cookies found. Aaw 2007 is useless to me, I guess I will be downloading Spybot next.

Tracking cookies were being detected consistently (but not all were showing removal) until the first service update was downloaded. After that, they stopped being detected except one time a few days later; since then nothing again. MRU's occassionally are found.

Tracking cookies were being detected consistently (but not all were showing removal) until the first service update was downloaded. After that, they stopped being detected except one time a few days later; since then nothing again. MRU's occassionally are found.

Yes, we are aware of this and we are working on it.

Regards, Tobias

With the updates installed, now tracking cookies are detected. After 12 days without finding any, it found 192 "infections," all cookies. But after removing them, the scan summary showed 192 "infections found" but only 50 "infections deleted." I think all 192 were removed or hope so, but it evidently is a "presentation" or a counter problem in scan summary.

After a scan, adaware the free version is in fact deleting some earthlink cookies; have to relog in each time go to my start page. Problem is, none of the cookies found even have the word "earthlink" in them, so don't know which one to add to ignore list.

Sign in to follow this