Sign in to follow this  
lee8888

Tobias, The Presentation Problem In The Scan Summary

With the updates installed, now tracking cookies are detected. After 12 days without finding any, it found 192 "infections," all cookies. But after removing them, the scan summary showed 192 "infections found" but only 50 "infections deleted." I think all 192 were removed or hope so, but it evidently is a "presentation" or a counter problem in scan summary.

Ok, this is a presentation probelm that should have been corrected in the 7.0.1.4 update but obviously wasn't. We'll get on it.

Regards, Tobias

After a scan, adaware the free version is in fact deleting some earthlink cookies; have to relog in each time go to my start page. Problem is, none of the cookies found even have the word "earthlink" in them, so don't know which one to add to ignore list.

Hi, lee88 :angry:

Please make sure that it is really a cookie and not a MRU.

Please post the logfiles.

Regards

Raziel :angry:

Hi, lee88 :D

Please make sure that it is really a cookie and not a MRU.

Please post the logfiles.

Regards

Raziel :)

All I can tell you is that it really is a cookie and is definitely NOT a MRU that is removing Earthlink info.

Any other Earthlink users experiencing this?? Thanks

It is a cookie(s), not MRU's that are removing Earthlink log in info (even if I keep the MRU's after a smart scan, this info is removed). I just discovered that another website, called Webshots, is affected and after a scan I lose my login info for that too. I tried to isolate the cookie for each of these sites, but after I remove them and immediately do another scan, instead of seeing just those one or two cookies, I see like 20 or 30 and none mention the name of the website, so I don't know which one to put in remove list. I copied the cookies found, can someone tell me which is Earthlink and Webshots? Someone mentioned the index.dat 2o7 ones as being earthlink, but after putting that on ignore list, it made no difference- cookies for these 2 sites still being removed...How do we know what to keep or ignore? The old SE version didn't do this.

Which of these are Earthlink/Webshots?

Infections Found

Family Id Name Category TAI

725 Tracking Cookie DataMiner 3

index.dat tacoda.net TID /

index.dat tacoda.net ANRTT /

index.dat tacoda.net Tsid

index.dat tacoda.net TData /

index.dat tacoda.net Anxd /

index.dat tacoda.net Tcc /

cookies\index.dat atdmt.com AA002 /

index.dat 2o7.net s_vi_jnx7Dx7Bgcadx7Fx7Cx7Fcfyj /

index.dat advertising.com ACID /

index.dat advertising.com BASE /

index.dat advertising.com F1 /

index.dat advertising.com ROLL /

index.dat tacoda.net Tsid /

index.dat atdmt.com AA002 /

It is a cookie(s), not MRU's that are removing Earthlink log in info (even if I keep the MRU's after a smart scan, this info is removed). I just discovered that another website, called Webshots, is affected and after a scan I lose my login info for that too. I tried to isolate the cookie for each of these sites, but after I remove them and immediately do another scan, instead of seeing just those one or two cookies, I see like 20 or 30 and none mention the name of the website, so I don't know which one to put in remove list. I copied the cookies found, can someone tell me which is Earthlink and Webshots? Someone mentioned the index.dat 2o7 ones as being earthlink, but after putting that on ignore list, it made no difference- cookies for these 2 sites still being removed...How do we know what to keep or ignore? The old SE version didn't affect cookies for these two sites.

Infections Found

It is a cookie(s), not MRU's that are removing Earthlink log in info (even if I keep the MRU's after a smart scan, this info is removed). I just discovered that another website, called Webshots, is affected and after a scan I lose my login info for that too. I tried to isolate the cookie for each of these sites, but after I remove them and immediately do another scan, instead of seeing just those one or two cookies, I see like 20 or 30 and none mention the name of the website, so I don't know which one to put in remove list. I copied the cookies found, can someone tell me which is Earthlink and Webshots? Someone mentioned the index.dat 2o7 ones as being earthlink, but after putting that on ignore list, it made no difference- cookies for these 2 sites still being removed...How do we know what to keep or ignore? The old SE version didn't affect cookies for these two sites.

Infections Found

The cookie from earthlink is earthlink.net....not listed here, so how is it supposed to be put on the ignore list? Definitely has to do with adaware 2007 scan and needs fixing.

Also, what's the point of this forum if many of the questions here go unanswered??

Can Tobias or whoever say when the next service update is going to be? And will it include a fix to the scan summary showing only a small fraction of cookies removed compared to how many are found?

Ok, I put ALL cookies found on ignore list and guess what, when I run a scan earthlink's start page STILL forgets my ID and I alway need to re login. Doesn't even look like its a cookie issue anymore and this is definitely something that aaw2007 is causing.

Also, what's the point of this bug forum if many of the questions here go unanswered by lavasoft??

Can Tobias or whoever say when the next service update is going to be? And will it include a fix to the scan summary showing only a small fraction of cookies removed compared to how many are found?

We haven't set a date for the next update yet.

Regards, Tobias

Not only did I put all of earthlink's 207.net cookies on the ignore list, I put ALL cookies found after a scan on the ignore list and Earthlink's startup page will still lose login info. But sometimes it doesn't, whatever that indicates.

Since day one, the scan summary page shows just a few cookies removed when about 10x as many are found. Just ran a scan; found 58 cookies, I removed them all but summary says only 3 removed. Are you able to duplicate this problem so it can be corrected?

Not only did I put all of earthlink's 207.net cookies on the ignore list, I put ALL cookies found after a scan on the ignore list and Earthlink's startup page will still lose login info. But sometimes it doesn't, whatever that indicates.

Since day one, the scan summary page shows just a few cookies removed when about 10x as many are found. Just ran a scan; found 58 cookies, I removed them all but summary says only 3 removed. Are you able to duplicate this problem so it can be corrected?

As for the Earthlink cookie problem I cannot reproduce since I am not an Earthlink customer.

Do you delete MRU objects when you scan? If you do - could you try not to and see if that helps?

That not all items are being marked as deleted after a scan is a known presentation bug and we are working on a solution for it.

Regards, Tobias

As for the Earthlink cookie problem I cannot reproduce since I am not an Earthlink customer.

Do you delete MRU objects when you scan? If you do - could you try not to and see if that helps?

That not all items are being marked as deleted after a scan is a known presentation bug and we are working on a solution for it.

Regards, Tobias

Keeping MRU's makes no difference, nor does ignoring all cookies found. Other programs besides Earthlink are affected as well. The older SE version didn't affect other programs losing identity/login info.

Keeping MRU's makes no difference, nor does ignoring all cookies found. Other programs besides Earthlink are affected as well. The older SE version didn't affect other programs losing identity/login info.

Could you specify what "other programs" mean and how they are affected?

Regards, Tobias

Could you specify what "other programs" mean and how they are affected?

Regards, Tobias

The program "Webshots" does the same thing and it never used to before installing aaw2007. Sometimes right after a scan, it loses my info and I need to re login, like with Earthlink. Even after I put all cookies on ignore list.

This is STILL a problem. Earthlink, as well as other sites, lose personal info and need to relog on after each scan. Even putting ALL cookies on ignore list after a scan does not solve the problem.

Sign in to follow this