Sign in to follow this  
philbee

"holyistic Dialer" Keeps Coming Back

hi. i seem to be having a problem with the latest definition files issued today, june 11. 0003.000. ad aware keeps finding and removing something called "Holyistic Dialer" which windows defender, spybot search and destroy, and A2Free do not find. all these programs have the latest definitions.

as soon as i reboot the computer, Holyistic Dialer comes right back! this leads me to believe this is either a false positive from adaware 2007 (free edition), or it simply is not removing the "infection" in the first place.

any help would be much appreciated. i really want to give adaware 2007 a chance, but if it doesn't remove infections, does not delete completely simple things like tracking cookies, etc. i would have no choice but to uninstall it and try something different.

any help in this matter is much appreciated. the good news is that "Holyistic Dialer" is still in quarantine after this 3rd test reboot, so i'll run a scan and see if adaware picks it up again.

i'm not really sure what to do about this. in all the years i ran ad aware se, it rarely, if ever, registered a false positive! any help is appreciated.

hi. i seem to be having a problem with the latest definition files issued today, june 11. 0003.000. ad aware keeps finding and removing something called "Holyistic Dialer" which windows defender, spybot search and destroy, and A2Free do not find. all these programs have the latest definitions.

as soon as i reboot the computer, Holyistic Dialer comes right back! this leads me to believe this is either a false positive from adaware 2007 (free edition), or it simply is not removing the "infection" in the first place.

any help would be much appreciated. i really want to give adaware 2007 a chance, but if it doesn't remove infections, does not delete completely simple things like tracking cookies, etc. i would have no choice but to uninstall it and try something different.

any help in this matter is much appreciated. the good news is that "Holyistic Dialer" is still in quarantine after this 3rd test reboot, so i'll run a scan and see if adaware picks it up again.

i'm not really sure what to do about this. in all the years i ran ad aware se, it rarely, if ever, registered a false positive! any help is appreciated.

i forgot to mention i am running windows xp home edition SP2. i have placed holyistic dialer twice in quarantine, twice in ignore, and every time i reboot the computer adaware keeps finding it! spybot search and destroy, A2Free, windows defender, and avast antivirus do not detect holyistic dialer at all! either this is a false positive, or there is something fundamentally wrong with the way ad aware 2007 detects and removes "infections".

philbee:

It's a false positive detection. See this: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9779

As a general rule, when only one of my many scanners detects something, and my system is experiencing no problems, I ignore the detection and google it for more info. In this case, a google of "Holyistic Dialer" informed me of the symptoms and files associated with this malware, none of which I had.

Guest propel

I just got it also: Holyistic Dialer? I also did a google search & found it to be a program that dials 900 & 976 numbers...at least that was 1 of the pages I read on the search. I did a delete on it -- no problems -- read as TAI level 5...

I'm on high speed cable via a wireless router. I don't think its going to call any numbers...thanks for the tip!!...also have current version 0003.0000

using ad-awear plus on 2 notebooks, both WinXP home (sp2)

philbee:

It's a false positive detection. See this: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9779

As a general rule, when only one of my many scanners detects something, and my system is experiencing no problems, I ignore the detection and google it for more info. In this case, a google of "Holyistic Dialer" informed me of the symptoms and files associated with this malware, none of which I had.

i thought it was an FP. i hope they remove this in the next definition file. thank you so much for your reply.

i thought it was an FP. i hope they remove this in the next definition file. thank you so much for your reply.

i'm pleased to say in today's update holystic dialer is gone. thank you lavasoft for removing the false positive.

Sign in to follow this