Sign in to follow this  
phil424

Whats In The Latest Releases ?

Just got AAW release 7.0.1.4 - but don't know what has been tweaked or fixed.

No dialog box or text file included with download to inform customers what the changes are.

How about a sticky topic on this forum with short notes on what has been addressed in each release ?

Then customers could try it out and let LSoft know if the latest fix is OK or describe continuing propblems with more info.

At least people can then see progress and feel that their feedback has been useful.

At the minute there seems little communication, and it's developing into a bit of a flame war on here - and I don't pretend I haven't been a part of that.

Just got AAW release 7.0.1.4 - but don't know what has been tweaked or fixed.

No dialog box or text file included with download to inform customers what the changes are.

How about a sticky topic on this forum with short notes on what has been addressed in each release ?

Then customers could try it out and let LSoft know if the latest fix is OK or describe continuing propblems with more info.

At least people can then see progress and feel that their feedback has been useful.

At the minute there seems little communication, and it's developing into a bit of a flame war on here - and I don't pretend I haven't been a part of that.

That is a great idea. I just downloaded the latest update, thinking maybe, just maybe they fixed the problem that many are having of no cookies being detected, but no, it made no difference. So I don't know what the hell I downloaded. Wonder if my issue is even being addressed.

Guest propel
mine is still listed as 7.0.1.3...even though i downloaded the updates.

me to 7.0.1.3 and I did a download just 5 min. ago

me to 7.0.1.3 and I did a download just 5 min. ago

i hope it's not yet another glitch!

i noticed one of the new components downloaded and updated for adaware 2007 free was an update of the infamous adaware service, which has gotten so much attention in these forums. i hope that they were able to reduce its memory useage, but from what i can see in task manager, it's still using between 20-30 mb on my system. the more i scan with adaware, the higher the resource usage goes. at the next update, maybe they will give us a way to turn the service off when adaware isn't running. A2Free also has a running service, but it doesn't consume nearly as much memory as this one does.

i noticed one of the new components downloaded and updated for adaware 2007 free was an update of the infamous adaware service, which has gotten so much attention in these forums. i hope that they were able to reduce its memory useage, but from what i can see in task manager, it's still using between 20-30 mb on my system. the more i scan with adaware, the higher the resource usage goes. at the next update, maybe they will give us a way to turn the service off when adaware isn't running. A2Free also has a running service, but it doesn't consume nearly as much memory as this one does.

You are correct.

I check also my files and found:

Ad-Aware2007.exe = v.7.0.1.3

aawservice.exe = v.7.0.1.4

regards

You are correct.

I check also my files and found:

Ad-Aware2007.exe = v.7.0.1.3

aawservice.exe = v.7.0.1.4

regards

Note:

Due to my fault, this is a copy from my previous message, to Administrators: please remove this copy,thanks

Edited by op57

Are we at 7.0.1.3 or 7.0.1.4 ?

Yep, you are all correct - the Ad Aware main status screen shows 7.0.1.3 still, but Definitions File now as 0003.0001 after the update.

But I'm right too - the update software screen you get showing which files are to be downloaded definitely says 7.0.1.4. I just tried it on another PC.

Oh, Well.

Anyway, perhaps this confusion adds weight to my original point of this topic - a sticky topic with details of updates and what they do might inform users; and users in turn could try to help LSoft by testing latest changes ?

I'll try to sort things out tomorrow and post information about this update in a sticky.

And in case you wonder: with "tomorrow" I mean somewhere around noon Central European Time, June 13th 2007. :D

Regards, Tobias

Hi, alot of these early "bugs" have been fixed in updates to the program now.

See here for a list of bug fixes:

Software Updates

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9870

Please update your software using the webupdate to the latest version (currently 7.0.1.6 at this date) and most of these should be resolved.

Also, we have many of the most common problems addressed with solutions in this FAQ page :)

http://www.lavasoft.com/support/faq_aaw2007.php

Since this topic is now out of date information and no activity in quite a while, I'm moving this to the "resolved/inactive" section (read only). If your particular problem is not resolved or if you should have any further issues, please feel free to start a new topic.

Sign in to follow this