Sign in to follow this  
RaPaTTaCK

Just Wanna Ask This

Hi,

I'm hesitating to buy ad aware 2007. I see that several (major) problems have been imported, it seems like there still are quiet much bugs. When do you release a new (as most as possible) bugfree version?

Thanks,

Ad-Aware 2007 is bug-free or it would not have been released. As far as issues some need to be resolved but the next version should be released later this year along with full support for Vista (I think is what they said). Expect a newer version of Ad-Aware 2007 in a few months. Things are always getting updated though through the Ad-Aware Updater.

I think that buying Ad-Aware would be a great choice for expandable protection!!

Michael

Lavasoft Volunteer Security Advisor

Edited by 0vermind

Ad-Aware 2007 is bug-free or it would not have been released.

So you are saying that Ad-Aware 2007 has never been released.

That's exactly what I was thinking : Ad-Aware 2007 is still a beta version.

What?? Define what you mean by "bug-free" there is no product that is completely "bug-free" but many final releases are very close to bug-free. Ad-Aware 2007 has been released it is no longer a beta it's been final for a while now. I currently do not know of any bugs but rather there are issues with certain things such as the scanning service has a problem but I don't know of any bugs. The next big update for Ad-Aware 2007 is still a bit aways like I said a few months.

Michael

Edited by 0vermind

Hi,

I'm hesitating to buy ad aware 2007. I see that several (major) problems have been imported, it seems like there still are quiet much bugs. When do you release a new (as most as possible) bugfree version?

Thanks,

my advice to you is if you want ad-aware 2007 but are having doubts about buying it there is a simple solution try the free version first then you will be able to make an informed decision rather than listen to people who seem to have nothing constructive to say, I do not include "overmind" in that statement, polygon :(

Martyoplastic: So you are saying that Ad-Aware 2007 has never been released.

That's exactly what I was thinking : Ad-Aware 2007 is still a beta version.

Ad-Aware 2007 is not a beta version. It is the final release. However, new updates and improvements are being updated.

This is the final release though.

Edited by SpySentinel

Ad-Aware 2007 is bug-free or it would not have been released. As far as issues some need to be resolved but the next version should be released later this year along with full support for Vista (I think is what they said). Expect a newer version of Ad-Aware 2007 in a few months. Things are always getting updated though through the Ad-Aware Updater.

I think that buying Ad-Aware would be a great choice for expandable protection!!

Michael

Sorry to say this Overmind but a issue is related to a bug in the software, if the software locks up and or crashes and if it is because of something in Ad-Aware crashing it is a bug.

So Issue = Bug in the software in this case

And software that is a final version does not mean that it is any where near bug free, and software is released with known bugs all the time. Lavasoft is no different, they released the new ad-aware with known issues/bugs (How ever you want to call it) related to vista. I am not saying that everything is only Lavasoft's fault, just that everything is not as sweet as you may think it is.

:)

What?? Define what you mean by "bug-free" there is no product that is completely "bug-free" but many final releases are very close to bug-free. Ad-Aware 2007 has been released it is no longer a beta it's been final for a while now. I currently do not know of any bugs but rather there are issues with certain things such as the scanning service has a problem but I don't know of any bugs. The next big update for Ad-Aware 2007 is still a bit aways like I said a few months.

Michael

Uh....with all the dozens of problems posted here, and in my case as some others, the fact that it can't detect any cookies at all, like it should, you "do not know of any "bugs" just "issues"???!! You are playing a word game here; I don't care if you call them problems or bugs or issues or Larry, there are WAY too many of them for this to have been released. They had to have known there were still many "issues", but decided to release it anyway and deal with them as they come up--just pity the poor bastards who are the first ones to download it.

Uh....with all the dozens of problems posted here, and in my case as some others, the fact that it can't detect any cookies at all, like it should, you "do not know of any "bugs" just "issues"???!! You are playing a word game here; I don't care if you call them problems or bugs or issues or Larry, there are WAY too many of them for this to have been released. They had to have known there were still many "issues", but decided to release it anyway and deal with them as they come up--just pity the poor bastards who are the first ones to download it.

Your comment on word games is exactly what I was getting at, while Lavasoft calls it a final anyone with experience knows that it is more like a RC1 or RC2. The final is still aways off with no vista support, and the huge number of Issues/bugs that people are having.

Ad-Aware 2007 is bug-free or it would not have been released.

Rubbish.

Define 'final release'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_release#...ability_release

It is typically almost identical to the final release candidate, with only last-minute bugs fixed. A gold release is considered to be very stable and relatively bug-free with a quality suitable for wide distribution and use by end users.

Two minutes in this forum will show you this program has various bugs and thus should not be classed as a final/gold release.

It is a final release product, but should have never been released as final. At best, this should have been a release candiate.

I really don't know why all these bugs passed through beta testing, but then again nobody ever said software testing was perfect. However it is clear Lavasoft's products reliability has been decreasing for quite some time, AAW 2007 is clear proof of that.

Lavasoft promise they are working on it, I sincerely hope they are, not just for their own sake but for the millions of people around the world that rely heavily on their software.

Edited by SpyDie

Sign in to follow this