• Announcements

• LS.Andy

Support for other products than adaware, ad block, web protection and Web Companion   05/05/2017

Support for the following products is handled by the Lavasoft support team: Lavasoft Tuneup Kit Lavasoft PC Optimizer Lavasoft Driver Updater Lavasoft Registry Tuner Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox Lavasoft File Shredder Lavasoft Digital Lock

For help with these products, contact the support team here: http://www.lavasoft.com/support/supportcenter/

Sign in to follow this  
fourfoox

Errors Messages In Adaware 2007 - Can't Use It!

I downloaded Ad-Aware 2007 - more than once to try to correct the error messages. I continue to get multiple error messages.

1st error message: as the program loads, I get "Ad-Aware 2007 Service has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

2nd message: "Service error: 6000 has occurred. Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service. Termiinating gracefully...."

3rd error message: "Cannot connect to web update server. Server is busy."

Ad-Aware will not even open.

As I said, I've re-downloaded to try to resolve the problems.

I'm stuck. What next?

Oh, my system: Windows XP, computer is a Dell XPS 400.

fook

i get the same problems, on both of my computers..

i tried deleting everything that was related to lavasoft, even in the registry.

i haven't seen a fix for this yet.

I have encountered a very similar problem when trying to install AdAware 2007 (paid) version 7.0.1.3 on a computer running Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2 build 2600.

Near the end of the installation program (I think when it's trying to start AdAware as I get the same errors when trying to start it as well) I get an error box with the following text:

aawservice.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the application at location 0x0044a1c2.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I also got:

Cannot connect to web server.

Server is busy.

Service error: 6000 has occurred.

Description: Lost connection with Ad-Aware service.

Terminating gracefully.

I had the same problem when trying to install the free version last week.

Same error 6000 here. Windows XP Pro 5.1.2600, just downloaded ad-aware (free version) tonight. Someone in another thread mentioned Canon printers possibly being involved in the problem. I do have a driver installed on this machine for a Canon S9000.

Ihad the same problem and solved it by getting a refund and deleting the program from my system. In another month or so the program will hopefully be debugged. In the meantime just use the older version.

Same Service Error: 6000 for me too. New computer - Vista ect. I had no problems with the Ad-Aware Beta.

I hope they get it figured out soon.

Cuggie

Hello All,

The LS Devs are aware of the 6000 error issue, and it is being investigated - see this Topic: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=9661

(@JoeNC: Yes, that is the thread where Canon is mentioned).

Regards,

Spike

NB: For those running XP - during beta-testing, if I received the "service terminating gracefully" message, I ran "services.msc", highlighted the aawservice and clicked on Re-Start. Quite often that restarted the service again for me. Currently running AAW 2007 Pro, without any problems (except that irritating icon-blinking - due to be addressed in a coming update).

In the meantime, I have uninstalled Ad-Aware 2007. Is it possible to download the older version of Ad-Aware so I have something running while this bug is getting fixed? I'm not really interested in all sorts of complicated work-arounds.

thanks,

fook

Sign in to follow this